About the role As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from str
About the role
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in some or all of the following areas of R&D:
- Demonstrate working to the best industry standards and ensure that the delivery of the solutions are pragmatic, timely and aligned to the Clients business requirements;
- In possession of knowledge of emerging technology and to bring these concepts to PwC programmes to enhance the value of the PwC client offering.
- Emerging Technology: AI, RPA, Robotics, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industry recognised R&D standard applications: Oracle, Veeva, Planisware, Aris-Global
- Sector specifics analytics platforms: Experience in Digital Health, Product lifecycle management (PLM)Regulatory Information Management, Pharmacovigilance, Quality Management Systems, Commercialisation and Market Access
Essential skills & experience required
- Pharmaceuticals/life sciences sector experience and consulting experience gained from a professional services firm
- Project management experience
- Experience of R&D change/transformation projects
- Exposure to different technology solutions
- Experience of managing others
- Adaptable and with an innovative approach to their work
- Can effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with different audiences
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and report writing skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.