About Miljn When we face a challenge in life, the knowledge required to tackle it usually exists somewhere already; we just don’t have access to it. Imagine if every person had instant access to
When we face a challenge in life, the knowledge required to tackle it usually exists somewhere already; we just don’t have access to it. Imagine if every person had instant access to the best possible advice from others for every challenge.
Miljn is not about software, nor is it the next platform. It is an ecosystem of participants discovering a new way of sharing valuable human knowledge. To do this, we are throwing out outdated paradigms of knowledge sharing that may still work today, but are no longer suitable for the future ahead of us.
Before now, there has been no structure that delivers the best outcome for someone in need of advice, while simultaneously protecting the interests of the expert who shares valuable knowledge to guide others to their goal. We are designing that structure.
We understand that this should be truly owned by the diverse community of users, creators, developers, sponsors, and investors it is there to serve. That’s why we are building Miljn to progressively move towards a decentralised autonomous Web 3 organisation as the ecosystem grows.
As an experienced full-stack engineer, you are comfortable with our backend stack of Laravel, Redis, and MySQL/PostgreSQL and have a good grip on our front-end technologies Vue.js 3.0, Vuex/Pinia, and Tailwind CSS.
You are well grounded in DevOps – we use Linux, Ansible, Docker, Terraform, and others.
You love trying new stuff, and are able to adapt and experiment with cutting-edge technologies! You should be at least experimenting with blockchain technology and becoming familiar with ideally Rust, Web Assembly, and the Internet Computer.
You are a good communicator, or working on it. You will work closely with the Technology Lead and fellow developers on the public facing Miljn web application. As a growing team it is essential to share idea and concerns, and listen as well as we speak.
Is your mindset a fit for us?
- Problems are opportunities! You see problems as challenging and have the urge to solve them. There is no problem in the world you cannot solve!
Code is beautiful
- You create sparkling code! If you find yourself writing the same thing twice you automatically refactor it. You love code reviews.
- It’s not easy to work in a distributed team. You need to be self-aware and self-organising, and when there are issues we value open communication.
- You want to grow your skills and grow as a person. You seek ways to do things more efficiently.
- You put people before the product. When all of us are empowered to engage at our own highest point of contribution, the business will be fine.
- Remote work: Work from home or wherever fits for you. If you are living in the area of Kiel feel free to work at our office.
- Flexible hours: Apart from fixed meeting times, we want you to work the hours that best suit you.
- Support to help you grow: You get all the tools needed in order to grow and get things done, including paid subscriptions & software (PhpStorm, Laracasts, egghead, Amazon books, etc.)
- Salary: Is competitive in the industry and adjusted for your skillset.
- Holidays: You get 30 paid days off + local holidays/year
- Colleagues: Join a growing team of developers and designers mentored by a founding team with decades of experience in a learning-by-doing organization. We are an inclusive employer and people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Company retreat: Be prepared to travel twice a year for a team-building get-together with the Miljn Team. This is to put names to the faces of all your internet superhero colleagues!
1. Provide us a short introduction with these details:
- A personal introduction.
- Listed experience working remotely.
- Attached CV describing your previous work.
- Salary Expectation (we are working with monthly fixed rates).
- Any personal projects or code contributions you’d like us to see.
1. Our Tech Lead Denny will get in touch.
2. Meet the founders
3. Let’s Rock’n Roll