About the company: Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 2 million users on its platform today
About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 2 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of “cryptocurrency in every wallet” into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 250+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
The Financial Crimes Manager will report to the country’s Compliance Officer & MLRO and be responsible for supporting Crypto.com’s efforts in preventing its products and services from being used for a wide range of Financial Crimes.
In this role, you will:
- Carry out customer account reviews in order to determine whether a reasonable suspicion of ML/FT exists;
- Liaise with the Compliance Team to ensure that sufficient EDD has been requested and obtained on customers in according to their risk rating, as well as to properly assess whether the customer is involved in ML/FT;
- Review and further investigate adverse media, PEP and sanction-related escalations and present results to the Deputy MLRO;
- Extract and compile customer data required for the submission of external reports with the FIAU and responding to Law Enforcement Requests;
- Assist the Financial Crimes Team in reviewing cases escalated by the Ongoing Monitoring Teams and file external reports to the FIAU as applicable;
- Ensure proper and timely handling of internal unusual activity reports;
- Act as a point of contact with relevant compliance teams and all relevant stakeholders;
- Assist in the drafting and implementation of internal procedures to facilitate the escalation process;
- Implement the Company’s AML/CFT policies and procedures;
- Maintain a working knowledge of local AML/CFT regulations, best practices, internal controls and AML/CFT risk management practices;
Perform any other duties and responsibilities as required to assist the Company in ensuring AML/CFT Compliance.
- I.T. proficiency is a must;
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in an AML/CFT role within a financial institution regulated in Ireland, experience in virtual financial assets (cryptocurrency) will be considered an asset;
- A thorough understanding of AML/CFT regulations within the financial services/ fintech industry;
- General compliance experience in multiple fields including AML, Sanctions, KYC and Onboarding;
- Hands on experience in conducting financial crime investigations and writing corresponding narratives;
- Experience filing suspicious activity reports through the FIU GoAml Portal will be considered an asset;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance priorities and deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in the analysis of numeric data through excel or similar data tools;
- Experience with blockchain analytics and monitoring tools preferred;
- Knowledge of digital assets and fintech products is preferred;
- CAMS certification, or willingness to obtain, preferred;
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.