Financial Crime Reporting Analyst About Uphold One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide
Financial Crime Reporting Analyst
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. Our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We put security and transparency first.
At Uphold, we are looking for people with passion, initiative, and integrity. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t 100% match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. If you’re a rock star and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you.
Uphold is looking for a financial crime reporting analyst to join our European compliance team. The main responsibility of this position will be reviewing and reporting attempted money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll support our team in protecting our business and customers from financial crime.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Conduct investigations into customer accounts and file suspicious activity reports to the relevant FIU and regulatory authorities
- Investigate and report illicit activity to domestic and international law enforcement agencies and respond to incoming requests from external partners
- Handle fraudulent and otherwise suspicious activity escalations from the wider Uphold team and from external parties such as banking and industry partners
- Help us improve our transaction monitoring rules and suspicious activity escalation procedures
- Dig deep into data and identify trends with the aim to prevent future malicious activity
- Keep up to date with new laws and regulations that may affect Uphold and evaluate and advise on the impact of the changes
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Minimum 2 years working in financial services, ideally linked to cards and payments
- Previous experience investigating and reporting suspicious activity internally and to FIUs and regulators
- In-depth knowledge of UK and EU AML and CTF legislation and reporting requirements
- Sound understanding of current fraud and AML typologies within financial services and the three lines of defence
- Fluent written and oral English skills
Bonus if you have:
- Previous experience working at a Fintech company, even better if you have experience in crypto
- Experience with blockchain analytics vendors, such as Chainalysis and Elliptic
- Additional European languages, specifically German or French
- Experience writing SQL and communicating the results
- Professional qualifications such as ACAMS, ICA etc.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business
What we have to offer you:
- A fun and collaborative work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep us innovating and challenging each day
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An international team in a cutting edge field
- A flexible and enthusiastic environment with work from home opportunities
- Growth and career opportunities and the chance to be proactive and creative
- Open and transparent culture – we get together on a regular basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over (virtual) drinks
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services.
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.