Introduction Promontory is a premier strategic, compliance and risk consulting firm operating as a unit within IBM Global Business Services. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top co
Promontory is a premier strategic, compliance and risk consulting firm operating as a unit within IBM Global Business Services. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top consultancies and law firms, leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions. We are often engaged by the board or senior executives to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments. With Promontory and IBM offices located around the world we serve clients wherever their needs arise.
We have one purpose; to be a Trusted Partner. Through our values of Superior Expertise, Innovative Solutions and Collaborative Community we seek to provide our clients with solutions to their wide variety of complex problems. Across the business our consultants have a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise and we are looking to add further experience to our Financial Crime team.
Our team specialising in Financial Crime works across a wide variety of clients assisting in the development and execution of a wide range of financial crime related topics including Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Within your role as an Analyst at Promontory you will:
- Provide support and research to projects including the review and analysis of materials provided to us by firms which form part of their financial crime risk management framework, such as policies, procedures, and governance artefacts or such as customer onboarding documents. Your analysis will draw on your knowledge and experience of UK Financial Crime regulatory requirements.
- Assist in drafting, revising and presenting client deliverables—including reports, correspondence, presentations, and written tools such as policies and templates.
- Gather, analyse, and interpret data related to the scope of projects.
- Support senior stakeholders on larger client projects as and when required.
- Participate in client meetings, such as interviews or presentations, which often include senior executives or directors of the client.
- Play a hands-on role in business development by helping to draft proposals and assist with project set up and planning.
- Take an active role in knowledge sharing, thought leadership and practice development to ensure the practice remains abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Monitor and prepare reports on UK and global financial regulatory developments.
- Travel as required to client sites in the UK and internationally (depending on COVID-19 restrictions and remote working policies). Time spent travelling varies depending upon the project.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience working in a financial crime compliance and/or advisory role, ideally within the Banking sector.
- Working knowledge of the UK anti-money laundering regulations and associated regulatory and industry guidance. Understanding of FCA regulatory regimes and ability to navigate their published rules and guidance.
- Understanding of specific focus areas, e.g. payment screening, transaction monitoring and governance & reporting.
- Experience of FCA regulated firms, the issues they deal in their regulated business and the expectations of general standards that apply to such regulated firms.
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a fast-paced, high pressure work environment.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Strong skills in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Additional experience in other financial institutions such as Asset Management or Insurance.
- Working knowledge and awareness of other relevant anti-financial crime laws and regulations such as Sanctions, Terrorist Financing and Bribery and Corruption.
- Good product knowledge relevant to retail or wholesale banking sectors.
- Some knowledge of other regulations, such as the Senior Managers Regime, MAR and Conduct Risk.
- A relevant qualification in financial crime risk management (for example ACAMS or International Compliance Association certificate and/or diploma).
- Technical expertise and experience in broader compliance, risk management, corporate governance, accounting, or legal or regulatory issues.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.