If you haven't heard of Wirex, then you'll now know why we're recruiting - we're a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we're connecting crypto, curr
If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting – we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world – all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that’s really going places.
Your role will require you to provide assistance to the Financial Crime department with screening and monitoring and any other requests. To enhance and maintain a robust AML compliance framework, in partnership with relevant stakeholders, to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with its risk appetite, regulatory expectations and industry best practices.
- Undertake AML investigations, ie SARS submissions to NCA, Railsbank, Band of Ireland etc, within set SLAs
- Conduct Fraud investigations, including Account Take Overs.
- Assist with escalations of Adverse Media, PEPs and Sanctions screening alerts within set SLAs
- Undertake ongoing AML monitoring and EDD case review, SoF/SoW documentation, within set SLAs
- Undertake investigations for B2C line of business for both fiat and crypto products
- Assist and/or to conduct transaction testing, data validation, and ongoing customisation of monitoring systems
- Review and contribute to compliance training materials for staff, as needed
- Participate in meetings with co-workers, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices and regulatory requirements and then rectify the process to assure regulatory compliance
- Provide assistance to the Head of Financial Crime with ongoing projects and any ad hoc requests
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills Required:
- 2+ years working in a FinTech environment, ideally in payments and/or crypto space
- 2+ Financial Crime/AML experience
- Strong KYC/AML background and investigations experience
- Experience with STR reporting
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certificate is a plus
- 25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 1 Paid Charity Day
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / Central London Location
- Annual Training Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus Pay
- Extensive opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don’t hesitate to apply.
Job Type: Full-time