Note to applicants: this role will be ideally based in the UK, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discus
Note to applicants: this role will be ideally based in the UK, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we’re happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Every day we interact with technologies controlled by a handful of large companies whose interests and incentives often conflict with our own. If we want the benefits of using their proprietary apps, we’re forced to agree to terms that most of us will never read, granting these companies far-reaching control over our digital lives.
At the same time, progress in open-source and decentralised technologies like blockchain has shown that we can build systems that prioritize individual sovereignty over centralised control. With these new technologies, there’s no need to trust any third parties not to be or become evil.
Parity Technologies is a team of the world’s premiere blockchain developers building industry-leading technologies that enable developers to create this next wave of better products and services. You’ll join at a critical moment when the future of the decentralized web is being shaped, and perform an influential role in making a more equitable society for our future.
We primarily steward the Substrate ecosystem, which includes Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded, multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate is an open-source, modular and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama. Our key programming language is Rust, and all of our work is open source.
We are looking for a qualified Financial Controller to join the company and lead our accounting function post initial audit and this role will report into our VP of Finance.
As Parity continues to grow, we need to grow our finance and control capabilities with it to ensure compliance with accounting, tax and regulatory standards.
- You will lead the accounting practice within Parity’s growing business
- You will be managing assets (traditional and crypto), payments and reporting across a number of international entities to support the growing needs of the business.
- You will ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements in a changing regulatory environment
- Make sure that there will be clear definitions and change management, reviewing monthly and quarterly financials to ensure accuracy.
- 7+ years PQE former ‘Big 4’, or commercial accounting experience
- Significant experience in multi currency financial controlling and audit, good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS and mature financial controls
- Significant experience in managing external professional services provider workflows
- Managed a complex stakeholder group
- Communicated with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements etc
- Experience managing an in-training team
- Experience in blockchain, regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services preferred
Standout Qualifications & Background:
- As an ideal candidate, you will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with post-qualification experience with a keen interest or experience in blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Investor relations experience a benefit
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats (subject to current pandemic restrictions for the health of our contributors and teams).
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.