At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more wi
At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all.
Elliptic’s blockchain analytics solutions help prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. The company is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our products are used by some of the world’s most highly regulated banks and financial institutions, leading cryptocurrency exchanges, and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
The company has offices in London (Global HQ), New York City, and Singapore.. We are backed by leading institutions including Evolution Equity Partners, SoftBank, SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and in every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn everyday. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget – the team’s personal growth is key to our success.
About the Role
We are looking for a Financial Controller to help chart our growth and path to profitability. The role includes responsibility for corporate accounting, financial audits, regulatory and financial reporting, financial operations, tax and treasury management.
We are a global company, currently with four entities, headquartered in the UK, and the FC will have responsibility for the group and all subsidiaries. Our product and revenue model is software-as-a-service (SaaS). The business is fast growing and changing rapidly so you will be critical to enabling new channels and products, supporting scaling initiatives and managing relationships with key stakeholders. This is an opportunity to shape Elliptic and to be responsible for our success. The right candidate will enjoy the buzz of a fast-growing company in an exciting emerging industry.
Impact of the Role:
The right candidate is an ambitious, driven and experienced financial controller, who is extremely organised and detail oriented. Who loves implementing process, driving improvements, and developing team-members.
You will take full responsibility for creating and leading the financial reporting and control framework across the group partnering closely with the CFO, Head of Finance, and FP&A team. You will use your love for detail and process improvement to enable greater control and efficiency across a fast scaling business, enabling timely reporting, building and leading a team, and leading systems and tools implementation as needed.
What you will do:
- This role is forward looking in terms of developing a team and implementing processes to be fit for purpose ahead of time in a rapidly evolving business.
- Natural inclination to research and apply best practices to support scaling, insights, and productivity
- Mould and lead the Financial Reporting and Control framework for the group including designing and evolving related management information content and accessibility
- Build and lead the team delivering this across the group
- Ensure there is adequate training of company-wide employees with respect to financial control policies, tools and processes.
- You take pride in ensuring the Financial reporting calendar is delivered on schedule with exceptional planning, organisation and delivery.
- Reviewing, evolving and implementing appropriate controls, checks and balances across the company
- Overseeing all aspects of financial operations, including AP, AR and technical accounting processes
- Preparing financial reporting, including annual audited accounts for the group and subsidiaries, and for regular Board meetings and shareholder reports
- Managing monthly and annual accounting and reporting processes, including managing regional third party corporate service providers to get things done
- Linking and liaising with FP&A, Strategy, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Leadership
- Liaise with external accountants to review tax returns and tax planning strategy across the group
- Oversee the Treasury function to support operations while safeguarding and optimising returns on assets
- Liaise with CoSec to ensure statutory records and filings, HMRC valuation, and capital table are maintained
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Have an eye for detail
- Love researching and applying “better” practices to drive process improvement
- Love collaborating with others to solve problems
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience within a rapidly changing technology sector, ideally within the SaaS industry
- Fully qualified accountant with experience as a Financial Controller, providing a demonstrable understanding of what ‘good looks like’
- Worked in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated a track record of process improvement and team/personal growth.
- Comfortable and willing to work closely with the team on day-to-day deliverables.
- Ability to think strategically and collaborate at the leadership & Board level
- Open, honest, and passionate about taking Elliptic to the next level
- Team management experience in a hybrid environment
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship-builder with an inherent customer-service mindset
- Will enjoy the journey
> How we work:
- Hybrid working and the option to work from almost anywhere for up to 90 days per year
- £500 Remote working budget to set up your home office space
> Learning & Development:
- $1,000 Learning & Development budget to use on anything (agreed with your manager) that contributes to your growth and development
- LinkedIn Learning subscription.
> Vacation/ Leave:
- Holidays: 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- An extra day for your birthday
- Enhanced parental leave: we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and leave.
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Life Assurance: we hope you will never need this – but our cover is for 4 times your salary to your beneficiaries
- £100 Crypto for you!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.