div class section wrapper page full width div class section page centered div b style font size 18px About Kraken b div div br di...
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role:
The Finance Transformation Analyst will work closely with the Director of Finance Transformation and will be responsible for many internal product initiatives. As Kraken continues to grow its product offering and expand into new regions, it is vital that the finance team is equipped with the best tools to safeguard the integrity and completeness of financial inputs used for reporting and decision making. Responsibilities include liaising with key stakeholders on the finance team to discover needs and detail product requirements to move toward automation for real-time reporting and analytics, working closely with the product team to ensure product phases are executed and blockers are resolved timely, and performing testing and analysis of outputs to identify, and resolve, errors and exceptions.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles and how financial statements are interrelated, prior experience working with backend transaction data, and excellent analysis skills using Excel, Google Sheets, or more advanced analysis applications. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions to business, compliance, technology and client-facing stakeholders. They must also have a passion for identifying and solving complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with key finance team stakeholders to create and prioritize internal product initiatives
- Analyze data outputs and perform testing along the product phases
- Document and communicate blockers to projects as they arise and work with Director of FT to propose solutions
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the needs of finance, data, and key stakeholders to inform product specifications and requirements
- Own product roadmap tasks and see them through to completion
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Work closely with product team to drive progress of the finance product roadmap
Who you are:
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, how transactions affect financial statements, and financial consolidations
- Experience working with backend transaction data sets and writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with company financial audits and soc readiness requirements
- Knowledge of the digital asset exchange space
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting or financial analysis experience
- Expertise in data gathering and performing analysis using Excel, Google Sheets, or Tableau
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us