Ensures that the physical facilities comply with all city, county and state building ordinances and codes. Performs ongoing preventative facilities maintenance…...
Job Scope: Responsible for all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing infrastructures of an assigned physical facility. Ensures that the physical facilities comply with all city, county and state building ordinances and codes. Also responsible for MHE maintenance and systems hardware setup and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Performs ongoing preventative facilities maintenance and repair work on electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and other related work for new construction and/or repairs on existing fixtures, equipment, and other installed systems on company premises.
- Maintains and repairs facility structures, equipment, and grounds, including plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Operates all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, and building management systems. Monitors the performance of HVAC systems and oversees any maintenance contracts related to the preventative maintenance of those systems.
- Performs skills trades work, such as carpentry and/or painting in the construction, repair
- Troubleshoots and helps with equipment, electrical wiring, plumbing and physical structures in a large warehouse environment or at a large office location.
- Schedules major construction projects for new or existing construction projects. Coordinates and oversees construction work of subcontractors.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records of all maintenance and construction for facilities at a site location.
- Performs various routine facilities inspections and reports on conditions affecting operations.
- Operates material handling equipment in a warehouse environment.
- Performs setup of computer hardware and troubleshoots system issues.
- Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience :
2 – 5 years of experience maintaining the physical facilities of a large operational facility performing various construction-related work is required. Must be minimally proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must have proven ability to collaborate with others to understand and complete project goals. Must have good interpersonal and verbal communications skills and be able to professionally interact with employees and subcontractors. Must demonstrate advanced ability in the skilled construction trades. Must have good time management and decision-making skills and be able to prioritize and organize tasks and projects. Must be able to pay attention to detail and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and works effectively and collaboratively to meet goals and deadlines. Must be able to observe and assess the status of physical facilities and monitor the operation of facilities and equipment. Must have knowledge of IT systems and hardware and be able to work with IT professionals remotely to setup and troubleshoot.
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah’s ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of “ Silicon Slopes ”, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality ) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women’s Network (OWN)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.