Experienced Game Designer
What is your role purpose: Reality+ is looking for a passionate Experienced Game Designer, this is a role supporting the Lead Game Designer in developing and optimising our games. This role
What is your role purpose:
Reality+ is looking for a passionate Experienced Game Designer, this is a role supporting the Lead Game Designer in developing and optimising our games. This role would suit an experienced Designer who has worked on at least one game for the full development cycle.
Who will you be working for:
Reality+ is a full-service Web 3.0 platform that enables brands around the world to utilise blockchain technology to engage their most loyal fans and unlock whole new revenue streams in this new and dynamic market.
With the benefit of a UK based, in-house development studio and five years experience creating engaging blockchain experiences, we help worldwide brands and franchises like BBC Studios (Doctor Who) and ITV (Thunderbirds) to develop a bespoke go-to-market blockchain strategy. Backed up with a powerful technology platform and world-leading expertise in all aspects of Web 3.0, including tokenisation, metaverse integration and construction, NFT marketplace creation and much more.
What are your responsibilities:
- Create high-quality detailed game design documents and prototype specifications that can be used throughout the production process.
- Develop and iterate the game design through close collaboration with artists, code, and other disciplines.
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools.
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers.
- Apply best practices, production pipelines, and workflows.
- Support the Lead Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
What skills/experience should you have?
- High-level knowledge of creating game design documents and prototype specifications.
- Easily able to adapt to and help create new processes or pipelines.
- Excellent understanding of the video game development process and production pipelines.
- Provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems with minimal assistance.
- Experience with games-as-a-service design methodologies and building a living game for a large community of players
- A track record of implementing and improving design systems, workflows, and processes
- A clear and concise communicator, visually and verbally
- 2+ years experience in the games industry
- Have at least 1 released title, preferably having worked on the full development lifecycle in a game design position
What can we offer you?
- Attractive base salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid home/office working pattern
- Attractive benefits
Reality+ is committed to equal opportunities and we encourage a broad diversity of talent to apply for our roles.