Position Summary The role of the European Marketing team is to make the Samsung brand and products desirable. Our remit stretches from brand, marketing, PR to Samsung.com, CRM, social media and re
The role of the European Marketing team is to make the Samsung brand and products desirable. Our remit stretches from brand, marketing, PR to Samsung.com, CRM, social media and retail.
Samsung Europe comprises of 17 subsidiaries across Europe that represent billions in sales! To continue to drive growth in a hyper-competitive industry across mobile, consumer electronics and home appliances categories, we must identify new and innovative opportunities and implement strategic programmes to compete against other brands and maximise our business sales performance.
We are the leading Consumer Electronics brand in the region in terms of recognition and most preferred by consumers. In the pursuit of global excellence, we are continuously looking for dynamic new leaders for the digital age of the 21st Century.
Imagine a career working for a company who is passionate about its people. It is our people that make Samsung the leader in diverse marketplaces and the market innovator that drives technology. At Samsung Electronics, our products, our people and our approach to business are held to only the highest standards so that we can effectively contribute to a better world!
Role and Responsibilities
Your Key Responsibilities:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a brand-new team in our European Marketing Office. You’ll play a key part in supporting the shaping and building of GenA and GenZ Metaverse campaigns, so this role will require a detailed understanding of the Metaverse and its future potential for consumers. The role will help support the overall digital and social strategy with colleagues and agencies across 15 European subsidiaries and headquarters in South Korea.
- Delivering the Metaverse strategy and developing new campaign ideas with our agency partners.
- Advising European teams and Subsidiaries on all things Metaverse. From identifying new opportunities to identifying and measuring the business value of all Metaverse activations.
- Supporting internal partners on their Metaverse innovation journey. Starting with eliminating the market noise, to campaign conceptualisation, to execution.
- Championing the Metaverse by advancing the use of its many building blocks: Blockchain, NFTs, In-World Experiences, Extended Reality, Hardware (e.g. phones and TVs), Software (Gaming Platforms & Virtual Worlds), etc.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in the Metaverse ecosystem to identify and build relationships with differentiating partners and/or solutions to bring to consumers.
- Produce monthly or ad-hoc European Metaveserse status management reports and present progress to key internal stakeholders across Europe.
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
Ability to understand Metaverse/NFT/Web3 market conditions and translate that into business opportunities and value.
Take ownership of planning and execution of day-to-day activities and campaigns agreed with internal partners to drive campaigns to success.
Liaise with broader European teams and European Subsidiaries to develop strategies around deriving more value from the Metaverse ecosystem.
Lead in creative sessions with agencies and internal collaborators to build compelling Metaverse activations that resonate with GenA, GenZ and the wider gaming, fashion and music audiences.
Support in identifying industry trends and maximising opportunities for growth of specific product lines or categories.
What does success look like?
What this person needs to have in order to succeed in this role:
Demonstrate ability to own the delivery of the Metaverse strategy and associated campaigns.
Build their own network of relationships and contacts across European teams and Subsidiaries to help drive the European Metaverse Strategy forward and identify new opportunities.
What does success look like in the first 6 – 12 months?
Taking full ownership of the Metaverse Roadmap and associated campaigns as well as an evidenced ability to quickly kick off new campaigns and lead them to success.
How will success be measured?
Positive feedback from internal partners, delivering successful campaigns and meeting agreed European objectives/deadlines.
What will be achieved in daily/weekly activities?
Campaign planning and management, internal stakeholder management, agency management and scheduled/ad-hoc Metaverse programme reporting.
What behaviours will be shown?
Pro activeness, diligence and resilience as well as a positive and can-do attitude, calm and self-motivated.