Introduction As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive st
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM partners with business leaders to reimagine their future….
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a strategy consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human centered design with an understanding of emerging exponential technologies and platforms.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs.
We are a fast-growing team, looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our diverse team of strategy consultants in London.
** Please note if you have recently applied to one of our Enterprise Strategy roles, there is no need to re apply via this job opening, as we have you on file already **
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are an incredibly diverse team of consultants, and it is hard to find two of us who completely think alike. Yet, we have so much in common in terms of how we approach the challenges life throws in front of us, and how we support our clients and each other. We would expect you, too, to share these traits and possess a similar mindset:
- You have mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions, with a strong bias for action
- You are tenacious and able to focus on both the big picture and the details, depending on what is required
- You have the passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
- You have strong problem-solving skills, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- You are focused on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and share/incorporate feedback
- You have great communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- You have the aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, you are able to build direct working relationships across all levels of IBM and client teams. Above all, you genuinely enjoy collaborating within and across teams.
- You have demonstrated track record of academic / professional achievements, perseverance to tackle obstacles and an entrepreneurial spirit to make things happen
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of strategic issues facing our clients’ ever-changing world
- Have demonstrated a track record of leading small teams in strategy projects to deliver outstanding outcomes
- You have operated in a complex stakeholder environment to drive optimal outcomes
- A mentor to junior employees
- A keen contributor to practice-building activities
Languages required: English
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.