Company Description Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the UK & EU) has millions of active customers and is offered by the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Clearpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Clearpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Clearpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Clearpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
The Afterpay Group has recently been acquired by Block Inc. Block is made up of Square, Afterpay (Clearpay in the UK & EU), Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD. One company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment.
- Outbound prospect via existing network, email and phone to generate new opportunities with the UK’s largest retailers
- Facilitate conversations with C level executives at major UK retailers
- Develop a strong pipeline of opportunity
- Identify the metrics and key value propositions that will drive mutually beneficial contracts
- Clearly demonstrate our USP’s over and above our competitors
- Negotiate and close long term contracts that benefit both Clearpay and our partners
- Be accountable to your target and demonstrate control of your opportunities through patch management and CRM
- Use defined sales methodology to progress opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders from sales leadership to marketing through to finance to define contracts
- Proven track record of delivering or exceeding targets
- Significant field sales experience
- Can demonstrate success in a 360 sales role
- Proven experience of selling at C level
- Experience of working with e-commerce, payments, fintech or retail verticals (preferred not essential)
- Experience of working in a hyper-growth tech environment is an advantage
- A level of formal sales and negotiation training
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.