The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world renowned cryptogra
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dapps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
Great engineers deserve world-class leadership. DFINITY is seeking a technically strong innovative and experienced engineering leader for both our Silicon Valley and European teams. You will be responsible for owning and driving delivery of components for the testing and verification of the Internet Computer platform. To be successful in this role, you should be experienced in hiring and scaling organizations, have shipped complex services, thrive in ambiguous environments, derive satisfaction from the growth and accomplishments of your team, and be able to dive deeply into and contribute in discussions about the technical details of what your teams are building (experience in distributed systems, operating systems, storage, formal verification or programming languages will be very helpful.).
Note: foremost, we are currently looking for great engineering leadership. The scope of your responsibility and your title (Manager, Director, or VP) will be based on your experience and the skills you have mastered.
- Lead a team of high-performing engineers, located in Zurich and in the bay area.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers from other areas (cryptography, networking, OS, etc…) to design a system that will be used by millions, support architecture and software implementations to verify and test the system.
- Own and drive completion of successful projects in testing and verification and related areas
- Attract, hire, develop and retain great engineers
- Ensure code quality, DevOps processes and design integrity
- Participate in setting future product strategy
- Create a positive culture of cooperation, ownership, accountability, innovation, and delivery.
Your background & skills:
- Background in systems or distributed systems software architecture and experience shipping large-scale 24×7 services
- Successful track record as a manager or executive, delivering products or services
- 7+ years software industry experience
- Hands-on experience and deep technical understanding of one or more domains: distributed systems, operating systems, testing, formal methods
- Ability to learn quickly and excel in unchartered territory
- Quality and security-oriented mindset
- An ability to code. While we don’t expect this to be a daily responsibility, the ability to convince your team you could contribute to and to evaluate their code-base is important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Examples: Design documentation, API documentation, etc…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.