The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We're a global organization with teams in the UK
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
Our Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity, will help to build a highly skilled team that thrives on making the whole engineering team more effective. Whether it’s tools to make operating code in production easier, managing foundational shared services or education on AWS, the team is guided by the question – how do we help our colleagues get more done? They’ll work closely with our embedded Infrastructure engineers and our Security Engineering teams to understand the goals of the larger organization and to make sure that projects are successful.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you have:
- Reduced the barrier for every engineer at Chainalysis to operate their code in production.
- Built a common CI/CD platform that teams use to deploy their infrastructure and code without manual steps.
- Enabled Chainalysis to continually increase compliance and security standards whilst minimizing the burden on engineering teams.
- Developed best practices around use of AWS accounts, tagging
- Balanced building guardrails to let teams run fast with flexibility to allow teams to innovate.
- Hired exceptional people to grow your team(s) with a focus on diversity, scalability, and always raising the bar.
- Led and empowered one or more teams of engineers who are effective and love what they do.
- Developed strong relationships with other engineering teams who say lots of nice things about your teams’ work.
- Helped the entire engineering team get better at what we do through building smarter ways of working.
A background like this helps:
- You have experience in a mix of operations and software engineering teams.
- Experience enabling other teams in a multi-account cloud environment with modern DevOps tooling.
- Experience operating in a standards compliant environment (e.g. ISO-27001, NIST 800-171, SOC 2)
- Managed a diverse team of impactful engineers, ideally in a fast growing startup.
- Experience hiring engineers and working closely with recruiters as a team.
- Collaborative and a servant leader.
- Aren’t afraid to jump into a problem and get it sorted, even if it’s outside of your day to day role.
- Have an interest in cryptocurrencies or a desire to learn – we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.