SKILLS Must have: Software Development Team Leadership Other Required: Go Terraform Docker Kubernetes Nice to have: Blockchain Cryptography DESCRIPTION The mission of an Engineering Manag
- Build, mentor, and manage a highly diverse team of varying engineering skill sets, backgrounds, and levels of experience.
- Focus on and prioritize the health, happiness, personal/professional progression of every member on your team.
- Work with other engineering managers, product management, people/recruiting, and the rest of engineering to drive team growth, retention, and hiring moving forward.
- Improve the efficiency of the team by identifying the bottlenecks, issues and areas of improvement within the engineering organization.
- Grow, evolve and operate an industry leading set of products.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have 4+ years of technical experience as a full-time software engineer and 2+ years of leadership experience as a formal people manager.
- You have meaningful experience leading distributed teams, working cross functionally across varying time zones.
- You’ve maintained a “player-coach” skillset and feel comfortable conducting live technical programming interviews.
- You genuinely enjoy learning new things and have a proven track record of diving below the surface when faced with uncertainty, understanding the “why” and the “how,” not just the “what.”
- You have real world experience building complex distributed systems.
- You enjoy building services from scratch and supporting them over a meaningful period of time.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You have experience with applied cryptography.
- You feel comfortable diving down the stack and into open source projects to root cause a bug.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Daily meal stipend (7.08EUR/ day);
- Flexible PTO Policy + Monthly Anchoring Days
- Vacation days fully compensated;
- 446EUR One-time reimbursement to hit the ground running;
- Up to 90EUR monthly reimbursement for cell phone and internet benefits;
- Premium Subscription to the Calm App;
- SNOO for birthing & non-birthing parents.