About Gnosis Safe Gnosis Safe is our unique open-source digital asset management solution built for Web, Android and iOS, currently used to manage >$60B in digital assets. You’ll be joining a g
About Gnosis Safe
Gnosis Safe is our unique open-source digital asset management solution built for Web, Android and iOS, currently used to manage >$60B in digital assets.
You’ll be joining a growing team that currently includes 30+ people. Most of our team is based in Berlin (Germany), but we also have awesome teammates in A Coruna (Spain) and Lisbon (Portugal).
About the role
As an Engineering Manager, your mission will be to lead a team of currently four people with a plan to grow in the near future, participate in a roadmap discussion and, potentially, take on more responsibilities to ensure that we, as a company, are moving in the right direction.
Our Tech Stack: Rocket (Rust), Django (Python), Redis, Postgres, Celery, Kubernetes
What will you be doing:
- Being a team lead to the full meaning of these words: help your team to grow, set up goals, provide feedback including performance reviews
- Coordinate team efforts by setting and running meetings: planning, retro, etc.
- Coordinate and help the team to solve issues, solve blockers.
- Evaluate hiring needs to continue building a strong team by participating in the hiring process
- Continue enabling trusting and a friendly atmosphere in the team
- Work closely with the HR team to improve existing processes and culture in your team and company
What you bring:
- Experience leading a team or being an Engineering Manager in a startup and you were a part of a big team (company size of 100-300 people and more).
- People describe you as a mentor and team lead, who deeply cares about their own and their team’s professional and personal development
- You are familiar with performance review and goal-setting, but you also think about alternatives and how to improve these processes
- You had past experience as a Software Engineer
- You have a good knowledge in Python or Rust or Typescript/Node (production-ready code)
- Knowledge (at least theoretical) with Redis (or memcached), postgres (or similar database), celery (or similar task queues), kubernetes, kibana/ grafana (or other monitoring tools), aws (or similar hosting provider)
- You know about Monolith vs micro services, Gateway service, VPN/ VPC
Nice to have:
- Experience in public speaking
What we can offer you
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and flexible remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
- You’ll be working with us in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg in Full Node, a co-working and collaboration space for blockchain projects.
- Visa support for applicants outside the EU.
But most importantly – grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there are a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
- Please be aware that this position has location requirements – Berlin (Germany).