Make your positive impact on the future of gaming The gaming industry is changing at lightning speed. From the growth of free-to-play and battle royale games to the arrival of play-to-earn games
Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
The gaming industry is changing at lightning speed. From the growth of free-to-play and battle royale games to the arrival of play-to-earn games and GameFi, the industry is evolving at a rapid pace. Nyan Heroes is at the forefront of this evolution focused on building a AAA battle royale game that is launching its alpha late 2023. To further involve and empower players fairly in every aspect of the game and economy, Nyan Heroes will be leveraging the benefits of the blockchain, while also positioning itself as the benchmark for fair, sustainable game development in this space. We aim to lead the advancement of the GameFi industry technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role:
The Engineering Director will be part of Senior Leadership and collaborate closely with other team members. This is a Senior leadership role, taking a game from concept to launch and ongoing support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Establish and own the technical strategy for the game, balancing risks and rewards to ensure the final project is not only awesome, but also achievable.
- Define organisational and career progression strategies for engineering staff
- Work with technical leadership roles to understand organisational pain points and identify strategies for addressing them.
- Communicate technical matters to internal and external stakeholders to align on and support decisions.
- Act as hiring manager for engineering talent.
- Line/matrix manage engineers and engineering leads.
- Work closely with HR to deliver effective performance reviews across the engineering team.
- Partner with colleagues in production craft to help remove impediments for technical delivery and identify iterative improvements to workflow.
- Collaborate and advise on project planning, staffing plans, and workflows that are needed to deliver the product and guide transformational change in the studio.
- Identify and help manage partnering opportunities for development efforts, both internally and externally.
- 10+ years of experience shipping multiple AAA games on console or PC
- Experience supporting a live service game, from development planning to delivery of content and features post-launch
- Deep experience with first and/or third-person shooters
- Exceptional communication, cross-discipline collaboration, and leadership skills
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine
- A great communicator, able to communicate clearly with and get the best out of groups and individuals. You are able to rapidly understand requirements and issues, in order to accurately specify solutions.
- Comfortable with and confident in traversing unexplored game design territory, helping refine ideas into shippable features
- Professional leadership experience
Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
Equity/tokens available: Yes
Start date: ASAP
We are a well-funded gaming studio seeking talented, motivated team members to help build an industry-defining title on PC from the ground up. We are gamers ourselves and believe in allowing talented people to express their own creative freedom. We are looking for many experienced industry heroes to help build and craft an AAA-rated game with a unique innovative twist on the standard formula.
We currently have more than 60 talented Nyan members across the world with two-thirds of our team coming from AAA-rated gaming studios and titles.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture founded on kindness and our love of cats! Nyan Heroes has already donated $250,000 from its first NFT sale towards our mission of saving 1 billion cats.