Experienced (relevant combo of work and education). Act as a subject matter expert on various blockchain technologies and respective application features…...
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The cryptocurrency market has experienced tremendous growth over the past year, reaching a market capitalization as high as $2.3 Trillion in May 2021. Digital accessibility, evolving regulatory landscape, growing consumer awareness, and an increasing interest from key ecosystem players such as governments, investors, and businesses have all contributed to this phenomenal growth.
Worldpay from FIS is proud to be a key player in bridging the gap between the traditional and digital financial ecosystem by being the leading payments provider in the cryptocurrency sector. We have been active in the space since 2015 and work with the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, wallets, brokerages, and merchants.
We are looking for highly skilled and ambitious individuals to build out a strategic, cross-functional, specialized team that is focused on growing Worldpay’s business in the cryptocurrency space.
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities include;
- Educate relevant business functions on key blockchain features and requirements to support Worldpay’s long-term ambitions and strategies in the space
- Keep abreast of blockchain technologies and trends (e.g., NFTs, DeFi, etc.)
- Act as a technical representative of Worldpay on blockchain and crypto-industry trade associations, advisory councils, and other relevant internal and external bodies
- Work with engineering and IT to set up node hosting for Worldpay across various blockchains
- Possess and share knowledge of programming languages used for blockchain development
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements, acting as the voice of the business
- Reviews technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on new product use cases, acting as a technical subject matter expert
- Deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
What you bring
If you are intellectually curious, driven, and have an interest or deep understanding of the cryptocurrency sector, we’d like to hear from you. This is a very exciting and unique opportunity to join a newly-formed, highly-visible team that will be on the cutting edge of growing Worldpay’s business in one of the most technologically and financially disruptive sectors in today’s economy.
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.