The Growth Marketing team is focused on growth, acquisition and retention of Coinbase customers, working hand-in-hand with product & engineering teams to…...
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join the Growth Marketing team whose work will center on campaign execution including ad-doc blast campaigns, journeys, email strategy, and best practices. The Growth Marketing team is focused on growth, acquisition and retention of Coinbase customers, working hand-in-hand with product & engineering teams to achieve our results-oriented targets. You will help define CRM strategies and end-to-end campaigns in support of product initiatives, align internal partners, and advocate for execution in service of bringing Coinbase’s products to millions of customers around the world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Execute ad hoc campaigns across email and push (scaling to additional channels in future) – primarily these will be product-focused campaigns but also including education, news and regulatory info
- Help define the customer communication strategy and CRM roadmap to achieve ambitious acquisition, engagement and retention goals
- Work closely with internal partners, including engineering, design, legal, finance, business, and regional teams, bringing ideas to life that spearhead product adoption and drive usage
- Execute thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns, and leverage automation to improve engagement & retention throughout the customer lifecycle
- Analyze campaign results, make recommendations & implement changes based on key findings
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3-5+ years of CRM experience including email, push notification and other CRM channels
- Extensive experience building and executing complex CRM campaigns with multiple partners
- Solid understanding of for email, email best practices & industry standards, and global compliance regulations
- Comfortable setting up & executing campaign experiments (A/B, multivariate) to track business impact, analyzing the data and extracting key insights
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to build an impactful plan
- Very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter and a quick learner
Nice to haves:
- Basic or intermediate SQL skills for audience segmentation
- Basic or intermediate HTML/CSS experience
- Technical degree or extensive experience working in fast growth startups/tech companies
- Familiarity with: Litmus email testing tools, Git, a variety of ESPs (Iterable, SendGrid, Braze, etc.), and Liveclicker/Moveable Ink
- Experience setting up mobile push and SMS campaigns
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Benefits at Coinbase
- Health and Dental insurance covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents
- Eyecare vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Monthly Gym Allowance
- Corporate Gym Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Fertility Counseling and Benefits
- Learning and Development stipend
- Pension plan with company match
- Snacks and Lunch provided onsite
- Season ticket loan commuter program
- 18 weeks paid Maternity and Paternity Leave