About Status Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Who are we
This role is joining a new team within the Status organization dedicated to building out permissionless, decentralized infrastructure. This team is currently small but expected to grow rapidly over the next year as products are developed and rolled out. Although we expect to move fast, we are taking a science-based approach to building p2p networks and as such, we require documentation alongside rigorous validation and testing to build confidence in the products being offered.
- Conduct tests and simulations around various peer-to-peer algorithms and protocols being developed.
- Collect, analyze, and report on data and key insights from said experiments
- Discern scaling boundaries and failure modes of tested distributed systems in realistic environments.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, tooling developers, and the broader community to establish best practices for testing the systems in question.
- Document findings to be consumed by both stakeholders and the general community.
You ideally will have
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology and p2p systems.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- A strong background in testing distributed systems and their common failure modes
- Strong communication and documentation skills when explaining results and key findings
- The ability to identify and mitigate false assumptions or weaknesses within a set of experiments or tests.
- Familiarity with the technical requirements and software involved with such testing
- Willingness to constantly learn and adapt to a rapidly changing industry
Bonus points if
- E.g. Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- Experience in leading a team
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Alvaro (Team Lead)
- Interview with Corey (Logos Program Owner)
- Interview with Jarrad (Cofounder) or Stefan