Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and…...
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core products include an open source, Ethereum-based app for mobile and desktop that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web, as well as foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol which is a continuation of Whisper.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team made up of ~70 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
The project & role:
We aim to create one of the first production-ready implementations of an Ethereum portal client – an important goal in the Ethereum stateless clients roadmap that will make it possible for the Ethereum state to be distributed in a network of ultra-lightweight nodes that will retain full compatibility with existing JSON-RPC applications. This mode of operation of Nimbus will exist side-by-side with the ordinary Eth1 client.
Our team will be providing engineering expertise towards implementing the specification that will be produced in close collaboration with the Ethereum Foundation and other interested parties.
More background can be found here and here .
What you will be doing:
- Implement peer-to-peer network protocols according to specifications.
- Design and implement optimal storage solutions for the distributed Ethereum state.
- Create a robust headless node suitable for resource-restricted devices.
- Implement JSON-RPC APIs for interacting with the portal client network.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the EF research teams and report progress.
You ideally will have:
- Experience with p2p networks and distributed systems
- Strong Knowledge of ETH1; or very willing to learn.
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if:
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organization.
We pay a competitive salary based on experience, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper Lea from our People Ops team
- Interview with Zahary Karadjov from the Nimbus team
- Interview with Jacek Sieka, the head or research at Status.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for you to join us as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by the end of April.
Get to know us:
Find out about the team here: https://our.status.im/tag/nim/