This person will be responsible for supporting the Paxful AML and sanctions program in the U.K. and the relationship with FCA....
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We’re building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they’ve never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to join our Compliance team. This person will be responsible for supporting the Paxful AML and sanctions program in the U.K. and the relationship with FCA. You will be based out of the UK and will report to our Global Chief Compliance Officer.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Being the Firm’s appointed UK MLRO
- Maintaining a positive and transparent relationship with the FCA
- Provide strategic, actionable advice and guidance to the CCO on JMLSG, FCA, UK Bribery Act, relevant Sanctions lists, and any other applicable rules and guidance
- Overseeing the drafting and ongoing maintenance of robust policies and procedures as it pertains to UK
- The submission of ad hoc & routine reporting to the FCA, including formal notifications (where required)
- Respond to subpoena requests as needed
- In accordance with the Suspicious Activity Report Policy, determining, filing, and managing the investigation of suspicious activity and reporting where appropriate with the National Crime Agency
- Ensure that UK specific training and awareness is provided to new and existing staff and that this is reviewed and updated as required
- Working with product and engineering and communicating and advising on products, services, and requirements in a detailed and operationally sound manner
- Giving general compliance opinions/support
- Performing such other duties as directed by the CCO from time to time, including any supervisory duties and functions as a local representative of Paxful’s U.K. office
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- Experienced in building working relationships with the FCA, FOS and law enforcement agencies
- Able to advise the CCO and wider Group colleagues on complex regulatory issues;
- Experienced in filing GABRIEL reports
- Enjoys dealing with fast pace and changing needs
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations but then simplify issues for others
- Have a proven track record in the development of dynamic regulated products and services
- Able to work to short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to operate as a key member of an international team
- Be willing to travel (including overseas if required)
- 8-10 years of experience as senior-level compliance or financial crime compliance professional having operated as an MLRO
- Educated to degree level and professional certification in compliance
- Have a proven track record of working in the financial services sector and preferably with crypto
- Experienced in successfully managing multiple projects at the same time;
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful’s COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to email@example.com and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.