Director, Surveillance and Monitoring – Binance Futures
Company Description Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following com
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf of Hard of Hearing Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register.
Company Name: Binance
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the evolution of financial services by leading the Surveillance and Monitoring of a Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF), reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Board. You will establish the market surveillance and monitoring oversight function in a new legal entity which principally has the business purpose of trading futures. You will ensure that the MTF retains the expertise and resources necessary for evaluating the quality of the services provided, ensuring the provider’s organisational adequacy, supervising the outsourced services effectively and managing the risks associated with the outsourcing on an ongoing basis.
- Support the board with their accountability for compliance with MiFID and MAR with market surveillance/monitoring and oversight of outsourced functions
- Oversee the outsourced providers’ adherence to the written agreement of the MTF rights and the provider’s obligations under the service level agreements
- Manual monitoring and investigation, including testing the effectiveness of the automated systems and assurance reporting to the board
- Provide advice on applying MiFID and MAR as it relates to the MTF
- Suspicious Transaction Order Reporting assessment and reporting
- Liaising with authorities
- Review and approve investment recommendations and statistics recommendations
- Regular board reporting
- 10 years minimum operational experience in market surveillance and monitoring in an EU or UK MiFID Investment firm or a Regulator
- Operational knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation, including; MiFID2/R, MAR, and BMR
- Experience ensuring compliance that required regulatory reports get submitted on time
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organisation and maintain close contact with relevant teams across multiple locations
- Fluency in French
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.