Who we are Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today's financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we're h
Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in – commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals – starting from as little as $1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of almost 1,000 people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3.5 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As Director within Product Management , you will be the driving force behind our customer platform strategy and define how we scale our offering to millions of customers worldwide. You’ll be in the box seat to build out the foundations of our product and bridge our product and platform strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with your engineering counterpart to define and drive Bitpanda’s platform strategy and translate it into an operational roadmap
- Lead and build out the product management team to support platform at Bitpanda
- Be responsible and accountable to build out the platform teams across the business to support our company and product objectives
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap and strategy in collaboration with your product peers and other functional stakeholders
- Support our ambitious growth plans, new products and market expansions with our platform strategy
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years in a product leadership role with a platform focus, ideally in fintech
- Solid understanding of microservice architecture and core banking systems
- Fiercely outcome oriented, with an ability to rally cross-functional collaborators around a clear goal
- Significant experience working with and applying outcome focused frameworks to measure success (incl. KPIs, OKRs etc.)
- A customer centric approach to developing products, and a commercial approach to platform initiatives and prioritisation
- Strong opinions, loosely held
- High interest in shaping the retail brokerage and crypto industries
- Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Competent in agile methodologies (dual-track is a plus)
- Excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid Annual Leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral Parental Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events – both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- A brand new, optimised-for-hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.