p span style font weight 400 The Accounting amp Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine tuning the details and...
The Accounting & Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Technical Accounting & Reporting. This person will oversee the Revenue Accounting function, will be the go-to expert for all technical accounting questions and will lead the adoption of any new accounting standards. This person will also build robust and scalable financial reporting processes and controls from the ground up to ensure we close each quarter and year end at a public company standard. The ideal candidate will be able to build and lead a team, prepare the company for future growth, and light a path towards becoming a public company.
In one year you know you will be successful if:
- Build a Revenue accounting function and oversee the monthly close from a revenue perspective and the costs associated with it (e.g. Commissions), strong understanding of ASC606 and subtopic ASC340-40
- Review consolidation and analysis of the financial statements and supporting schedules and perform reviews of transactions to assess appropriate accounting treatment
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, including FASB and SEC, and evaluate the accounting and reporting impact of new and upcoming standards. Lead the adoption of new accounting standards, adhering to all required deadlines
- Design and build a public company ready external SEC financial reporting process, including quarterly financial statements, and all related disclosures and controls
- Transform company financial statements into the format required for a public company
- Ensure controls are in place around the accuracy and completeness of the disclosures made (SOX 404)
- Prepare the company to be able to execute SEC filings. When the time comes, oversee all drafting and filing processes required for SEC reporting, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, XBRL, 8-Ks and Proxy Statement, as well as technical disclosure checklists
- Prepare written accounting memos documenting such issues/transactions for review by management and external auditors in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Maintain relationships and work closely with external auditors
- Participate in potential future S-1 filing process
A background like this helps:
- Several years of relevant experience helping take a company public or accounting firm handling publicly traded clients, including directly managing SEC filings
- Educational background in Accounting or similar discipline preferred
- CPA license (active)
- Big 4 experience at Manager level or above strongly preferred
- Prior experience in the SaaS Software space
- Outstanding knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC and SOX 404 regulations and guidelines
- Energetic, hands-on, and resourceful self-starter who can partner with all levels and functions of the company with a consultative and collaborative approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of internal and external audiences, including external auditors, legal and regulators.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity, shifting priorities and tight timelines
- S-1 experience a strong plus
- Experience with NetSuite and Workiva or other Financial Reporting software a strong plus