The NEAR project is unlike anything else out there - it combines the collaborative community of an open-source project with aspects of developer platforms like Amazon's AWS. This provides a unique opp
The NEAR project is unlike anything else out there – it combines the collaborative community of an open-source project with aspects of developer platforms like Amazon’s AWS. This provides a unique opportunity for a visionary Director of Operations. You have to do it all and come back asking for more. Your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be reporting directly to the CFO, who has ownership of a wide array of subject matters: Finance, Operations, Legal, Tax, and Regulatory, and essentially taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn.
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR’s purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open-source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 4 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.
- Oversee the development of a hyper-growth global blockchain company
- Maintaining the operations structure of NEAR Foundation and its subsidiaries
- Interfacing with Finance, HR, Legal, to ensure high-performing operation of NEAR Foundation
- Liaising with crypto infrastructure and service providers
- Put in place efficient and scalable processes to take the project to the next level
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes and increase efficiency
- Implement and manage strategies to reduce risk
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge and high EQ
- 5+ years of experience growing a successful technology company
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment/ thrive amidst rapid change
- MBA preferred