Director of Finance & Operations (m/f/x) London, UK Would the opportunity to disrupt the global fine arts industry by leveraging pioneering technologies excite you? Imagine a world w
Director of Finance & Operations (m/f/x)
Would the opportunity to disrupt the global fine arts industry by leveraging pioneering technologies excite you?
Imagine a world where the story, provenance and rights of every piece of art are stored immutably. Where an art purchase today secures perpetual equity to the artist who created it, and where new ownership models are redefined to open up more flexibility for artists, galleries and collectors.
That is why we created Arcual.
Backed by two of the most influential leaders in the global art world and BCG Digital Ventures (BCGDV), Arcual builds infrastructure that captures each step of an artwork’s journey, empowering participants to stay connected, informed and rewarded. Using the power of distributed ledger technology to actively promote fair participation, authenticity, and traceability in the art ecosystem.
Due to launch in Autumn 2022, we are recruiting the team that will grow this business over the coming years to shape the future of a fairer, more accessible art world for all. To achieve these goals, we are looking for fantastic colleagues to build upon the great work done during incubation and take the business forward.
What you’ll do
- As part of the senior management team, drive and shape the company
- Be responsible for financial planning, reporting, budgeting and cost management which in time will see direct results in impacting our success and growth
- Lead relationships with banks, financial authorities and other third parties
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation of monthly and annual management accounts and financial statements
- Work closely with the CEO on fundraising and pitch preparation
- Contribute to the strategic and legal review of core partnerships, alongside the CPO and Sales & Marketing team
- Shape commercial discussions with blockchain infrastructure partners, working with the CEO and CPO to understand the metrics of the business model
- Report to the Board on risk management and insurance, whilst collaborating with external consultants
- Lead on our financial reporting obligations for compliance and regulation, driving the regulatory process in the event we pursue financial authorities registration
- Own the set-up and optimization of global legal entity strategy
- Structure, implement and organize core venture processes (e.g., accounting, reporting, purchasing, and procurement)
- Build the financial models for how we work with customers and partners
- Organize the legal, regulatory and compliance (including taxation) workstream
What you’ll need
- Prior experience of financial modeling prepared for presentations to senior management/board level
- Data-driven mindset utilized to solve problems
- Ability to bring structure to complex environments
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills
- Accountancy or financial degree would be preferred
- Experience leading a team and external advisors
- Experience negotiating and/or reviewing legal contracts
Bonus points for
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Background in corporate finance (M&A, working with lawyers for example)
- A passion for the art industry and/or blockchain technology
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.