Director of Engineering, Data
Who we are Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to
Who we are
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
Your mission is to improve all areas around Data at Bitpanda. Starting from DataOps to define and improve on how we operate our systems around Kafka, MySQL, DynamoDB, Postgres in our production system, to reliable data pipelines ingesting data to our Snowflake DWH. You need to foster data literacy within our departments to also steer the reporting part based on the Data models your team will prepare.
What you’ll be doing
- Work as SME across all business functions to establish best practice and demonstrate strategic benefits that data can bring.
- Experience in big data product development is a plus, including data warehouse, query platform, streaming, recommendation, user profiling, risk management, etc.
- Lead the design and development of large-scale data computing, storage, query, and visualization solutions
- Design, build and maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines with the team, to move data across a number of environments and platforms.
- Lead and mentor a passionate team of Data engineers and Data Analysts.
Who you are
- 5-7 years of experience in a senior data engineering role with a bachelor’s in Computer Science
- You have built systems in a cloud environment (preferably AWS).
- Understanding of an Event driven architecture and an open style communicator to handle all stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the blockchain ecosystem and a strong passion to learn more
- Self-starter who can operate independently while maintaining a focus on managing delivery and excellence at work, collaborative and a servant leader.
- Experience in big data product development, including data warehouse, query platform, streaming, recommendation, user profiling, risk management.
- You’re proficient with many of the following tools and technologies: AWS core infrastructure components as well as managed services (like EKS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticCache), Terraform, GitLab CI, Kafka (Amazon MSK and Confluent), Kubernetes,Python, MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, various SRE tools.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
- These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.