We're looking for Director of Engineering to lead our engineering function at the NEAR Foundation. This leader will report to our Chief Product Officer, and will both build and lead various teams, suc
We’re looking for Director of Engineering to lead our engineering function at the NEAR Foundation. This leader will report to our Chief Product Officer, and will both build and lead various teams, such as our internal development teams building both web3 and web2 apps, sales engineering + architecture teams to support partnerships, technical grant reviewers and webmasters.
The role is actively engaged in setting and presenting the global technical roadmap which sets internal dev work priorities, grant-giving priorities and partnership priorities. While the role is internally oriented, it will also interface with the community via office hours, conference talks and general updates on technical roadmaps to internal and external audiences.
- Establish a global tech roadmap: The ecosystem’s global technical development roadmap is public, updated regularly and and easily consumable by the community and by internal teams (eg grants, partnerships)
- Partnerships: Partnership efforts are fully supported technically at every stage of the deal
- Internal team management: Internal development teams have a clear, prioritized project queue and ship against it regularly
- Internal development: Internal technical processes and systems run consistently and smoothly and are updated (or built out) as necessary
- A strong identifier and attractor of engineering talent: You should have experience and clear processes for hiring top tier engineers, including sourcing effectively, assessing competency and closing
- Software Management: You should have 3+ years experience managing the delivery of software teams via healthy processes and helping engineers to level up.
- Experience with consulting, architecture or sales engineering: You are experienced in converting complex technical concepts into understandable roadmaps and solving architectural problems for semi-technical audiences during sales calls. You can take an application idea and convert it into a viable technical architecture and ideate business opportunities by understanding the technical possibilities.
- Blockchain obsessed: Obsession with using and uncovering the products and tech of the blockchain ecosystem and understanding how they can improve.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual’s interest
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
NEAR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. NEAR is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let your recruiter know during the interview process.