Basic information Location London Service line Financial Advisory Date published 13-Apr-2022 Req # 9195 Job description Your opportunity Deloitte’s Real Asset Advisory (RAA) team in the UK
The role is for an experienced capital projects advisory leader with who is comfortable with selling and managing the delivery of engagements in the following key areas:
- Delivery Strategy: Defining the key aspects of how a major programme will be delivered. This includes the delivery model covering both internal delivery and external supply chain, management of key stakeholder relationships and strategic governance etc.
- Target Operating Model: Designing and deploying a new operating model for capital project delivery, particularly in the areas of Project Controls and Commercial Management.
- Digital Capital Projects: Supporting clients in digitising the delivery of their major programmes. This may include the use of innovative technologies such as blockchain or Artificial Intelligence, or more traditional approaches such as the definition of requirements for systems used to manage the delivery or capital projects.
Programme Turnaround: Helping clients to re-establish confidence in the delivery of their programmes, usually through the establishment of effective project and programme management, governance and the management information needed to support effective decision making.
Programme Assurance: reviewing the performance, particularly the commercial performance and contract compliance of major construction programmes to identify areas for improvement.
Many of our engagements involve collaboration across Deloitte teams both in the UK and overseas to deliver multi-disciplinary solutions that include our leading services in Financial Advisory, Human Capital, Technology and Risk Advisory.
We are looking for people who are comfortable dealing with clients at the executive and senior management levels, many of whom may not be specialists in capital projects and how they are delivered. This will require someone who is an excellent communicator and is able to summarise complex situations and technical information into clear and actionable advice. Example experience includes:
- Development of a Delivery Strategy and commercial model for a multi-billion pound capital investment programme
- Design and implementation of a new operating model for key capabilities within a Major Infrastructure client such as Project Controls – cost, schedule and risk management and reporting
- Creation of an assurance framework including specific measures to assess value for money in capital project delivery to demonstrate performance to an economic regulator
- Definition of the business requirements for a new technology solution(s) to be used in the management of capital projects
- Setting up and running of a Programme Management Office to turn around an underperforming complex capital investment programme
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: The home office will be in our Deloitte offices in London. Many of our projects require time at our client’s locations and may require travel across UK or overseas. Deloitte operates a flexible working arrangement empowering individual to manage their work between home, office, and clients.
Work pattern: This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
Within Real Assets Advisory as part of a team you will need to be able to:
- Engagement Director responsibility for larger, complex engagements
- Comfortable providing advice and constructive challenge to senior management
- Guiding delivery teams, especially during set-up with the definition of relevant frameworks and approach
- Supporting the change and communication aspects for larger transformation programmes
- Able to bring practical examples of good practice from a cross sector of industries
- Drive the identification of opportunities from a sector and client perspective
- Engage clients on specific external trends to drive client value
- Support the strategy, revenue, and capability management for the team
- Develop thought leadership and proposition to drive awareness and eminence
Team / Community Development
- Drive the development of the Deloitte Infrastructure & Capital Projects communities
- Support the recruitment and development of capital projects professionals to meet the growth plan.
To qualify for the role, you should have:
- A professional qualification or equivalent related industry experience that shows understanding of major capital project delivery.
- A relevant degree (i.e., engineering, business, management) and/or a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Broad and deep experience of Infrastructure & Capital Projects across different sectors and covering the broad range of capabilities.
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness.
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; with an ability to present complex subjects in an engaging and simple manner.
- Good understanding of financial, business and asset drivers that relate to capital projects organisations
Your service line: Financial Advisory
The Real Asset Advisory team sits within the Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLFINA BADREA RAOCP