This is a Human Resources leadership position with responsibility for the overall management of the Portuguese human resources function within our company,…...
One of the fastest-growing FinTech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly.
Uphold is looking for a Director, Human Resources to join our global Human Resources team. This is a Human Resources leadership position with responsibility for the overall management of the Portuguese human resources function within our company, tactically and strategically, and with working knowledge of neighboring countries’ employment laws.
The Director, Human Resources will help develop and implement Human Resources specific policies and programs as required. The major areas covered are organizational planning and development, indoctrination and training, employee relations, local compensation management, benefits administration and design, talent acquisition and overall employee services.
The focus of this role will be to deliver people management strategies in support of the organization’s strategic aims.
This role will have both a strategic and an operational/tactical focus, providing expert advice and support on all HR matters; the right candidate will be able to roll up their sleeves, as well as think strategically. This position is Full-Time, and reports to the Chief People Officer (CPO) located in the U.S.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of employment law, recruitment, employee relations, benefits, coordination of employee training and organizational development.
- Responsible for the continued development and management of the Portuguese People team.
- Manage full employee lifecycle: onboarding and off-boarding, via the HRIS system, including conducting background checks, references, etc.
- Support and communicate management practices and provide training and coaching to the employees and management regarding human resource related practices and initiatives.
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs as appropriate and needed. Identify opportunities for improvement and resolve problems.
- Oversee compliance and training requirements in close collaboration with the CPO, and our global compliance function.
- Conduct new employee orientations and other aspects of new employee onboarding to ensure swift and effective assimilation.
- Manage recruitment and staffing that meets the current and long-term needs of the organization in a manner consistent within local guidelines and laws. Assist in vendor management as requested.
- Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advise managers in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Conduct management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, leave management, and sexual harassment as required.
- Travel may be required up to 25% to other European offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and seven (7+) years of progressive human resources experience.
- Experience with HR technologies and managing HRIS systems.
- Experience with handling employee relations issues.
- Experience in metrics and a general knowledge of principles/practices of HR Management.
- Strong oral and written communication, organizational, managerial, platform and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer and overall technology skills.
- Ability to recognize problems/issues and develop effective solutions, requires independent judgment/decision making within areas of responsibility.
- Must have the ability to lead and manage effectively.
- Excellent people skills are a must:
- Possess strong Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking abilities;
- Be able to operate autonomously and be a terrific team player, globally;
- Understand how to motivate and create a high level of employee engagement;
- Ability to develop creative solutions to non-routine problems, master new concepts quickly and efficiently, and need the ability to turn concepts into practical applications.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Must work well within multiple time zones, efficiently and effectively.
- Good sense of humor, happy disposition and a smile.
- Passion and understanding of the FinTech industry, specifically in Digital Wallet and crypto currencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Understanding of neighboring European employment laws and practices.
- Bonus and preferred if you have experience working for an FCA/FINRA regulated company.
- Mulit-lingual (must be able to fluently speak, read and write English).
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.