Department: This role sits within the EMEA Digital practice at Alvarez and Marsal. A&M Digital revolves around six core areas of expertise; Digital Strategy, Customer Experience, Data & In
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a ‘hands on’ team. You will contribute to work streams on large programs but also smaller projects, leveraging your Digital knowhow and skill set in analysing the status quo and developing sound solutions either from an external point of view or in collaborative settings with your client organization.
- Digital Strategy – using your skills in strategy execution, you will own and deliver the transformation for our clients. Skills in operating model design, business analysis, business process and organisation design will all be learned, developed and tailored for our clients’ needs.
- Customer Experience – from social networks to YouTube Channels, and from instore to online, transform all digital marketing / sales / service to determine a future-thinking customer experience.
- Undertake modernisation programmes transforming traditional, largely manual IT departments and processes to a modern, highly automated, digital-first engineering function/business model;
- Provide solutions to real world problems facing clients today, whilst referencing a portfolio of end to end value-led, customer-centric digital transformations;
- Help clients devise strategies to reinvent customer experience by advising, shaping and delivering platform-led transformations to realise their strategic business objectives and get maximum value from their platforms;
- Help shape platform-led transformation strategies working with multi-disciplinary team of technologists, business architects and experience designers;
- Run short discovery or platform strategy phases of work, developing business transformation vision, value roadmap, high-level target solution designs, target experiences
- Cultivate and share best practices through thought leadership, personal experience and the shared collective experience gained from similar projects and engagements;
- Stay up to date on aligned industry trends and solution innovations, constantly refine point of view and demonstrate ongoing thought leadership;
- Promote how digital transformation can improve performance, reduced costs and achieve higher profitability;
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the client’s business and with professionals from leading financial institutions;
- Be creative to generate break through ideas regarding transformation levers;
- Be an action-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial flair;
- Have a strong exposure to client, be able to deal with top executives in complex situation;
- Be proactive in industry events e.g. conferences, forums, debates – ensure the Company is perceived as a key player in the Digital Transformation space.
- Education: a high-grade degree qualification (or equivalent) from a “Grande Ecole” University in a relevant subject;
- Experience within advisory (ideally from a large Professional Services firm or from a digitally-focused boutique), working on large scale transformation program and highly exposed to top management;
- Previous experience delivering digital transformation projects in a consulting or client-side role e.g., strategic consulting (digital strategies, digital roadmaps, workflows…), familiarity with established and emerging technologies (data analytics, automation, artificial intelligence, cloud migration, blockchain and digital twins..) and ability to integrate Digital Transformation into other service offerings such as process improvement or operations excellence, stakeholder engagement, change management;
- Experience in transforming mainly businesses through enabling technology and transforming the way clients operate. You are confident working in a technology environment – you will bring proven skills and experience at leading and delivering management consultancy projects;
- Demonstrated aptitude for both data & data analytics and an ability to work with numbers with ease with an ability to interpret and present data to all levels within an organisation;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, an excellent networker with the ability to navigate a wide map of internal stakeholders and external account relationships to CXO and CIOs;
- Demonstrable credibility as a strategic advisor or experience leading a client-side digital transformation initiative. The ability to engage, listen, comprehend and propose coherent solutions to business challenges and in helping banks, insurers and other financial services companies build business cases for adopting new technology solutions;
- Native/Fluent French & English language skills are essential along with excellent writing skills;
- A creative, strategic thinker who can bring innovative ideas, a new perspective or a new strategy to the table to challenge the status quos
- Solution oriented, data driven, learning mind-sets;
- Experience working with Cloud Products/Platforms or within a complex, high tech environment;
- Solid understanding of Internet and Web technologies;
- A deep understanding of the current trends, challenges and technologies used desired;
- An understanding of change management thinking – especially pertaining to disruptive technologies highly desired;
- Willingness to travel often (mainly within Europe) & EU citizenship or right to work in the EU;
- Further education such as an MBA would be highly valued.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.