Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worl
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director to sail the maiden voyage of Customer Success in EMEA. As the first post-sales hire in region you will strategically drive the productivity, effectiveness, and scalability of our Customer Success efforts. You will work to localize the customer experience in the region by migrating current EMEA customers from US management while also onboarding net new EMEA customers, while you slowly ramp and build out a regional team of CSMs. You will lead our customer success team in scaling, training, and executing on strategy to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, expanded product usage, and strong net retention.
What you’ll work on:
- Working to identify opportunities and design/implement solutions for process improvements, as well as improvements to tooling and analytics. Help lead and optimize the CS ecosystem of tools, processes and enablement by working closely with our systems team to scope business requirements with CS stakeholders and guide implementation of new tools and features.
- Leading cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Clarify ownership for each part of the journey
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Treasury and Product Marketing
- Advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working (including our onboarding process) and collaborate with them to implement those
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop and disseminate key findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Driving alignment with Sales, Compliance, Risk and Legal (all pre sales teams determining customer expectations and journey) while optimizing for Customer Journey
- Define CSM involvement during sales cycle
- Define and optimize customer journey by building a 360 degree feedback loop
- Define and oversee lifecycle processes/touch points, including exec sponsor program, EBR process, “listening” points (e.g. on usage, NPS), and others
- Personally manage escalations from each customer vertical, and follow a methodical escalation process to execs iterating on EWS(early warning system), escalation paths, key customer risk analysis, etc.
- Driving true value for customers
- Focus equally on TTV and LTV optimization driving to identify and measure every customer by outcome realization, success and growth
- Find ways for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ objectives and become a trusted right-hand advisor
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) delivered
- share feedback and intelligence with the Product and Development teams to identify new potential features/functionality and influence our product roadmap
- Partner with Account Executives, and Revenue Leadership, taking a lead role to ensure excellent customer experience, seamless handoff and commercial alignment
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, or relationship management function.
- 5+ years of people management experience at a high growth B2B SaaS or Fintech organization.
- People leader at heart – you love mentoring, leading and contributing to the professional development of those around you.
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- You see opportunity and growth in learning more and continuously improving processes, yourself and your team.
- Deep commitment to a “win-win” mindset that will allow us delight customers, while driving product adoption and additional commercial value
- Ability to manage multiple people/accounts/priorities at a time – organization, time-management, and attention to detail are critical
- Expertise in project and team management (managing capacity, budget, addressing project issues/delays, stakeholder management, operational efficiencies)
- A drive to learn and be curious, with the desire to understand our customers’ problems and goals and then effectively drive and manage outcomes
- Desire to work cross-functionally with other leaders to grow the Transaction Services business
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.