Our Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, pa
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director – Blockchain and Digital Assets
The Blockchain and Digital Assets group is leading Mastercard’s cutting edge strategy to bring forward the future of payments technology and make it a reality. The team has a program of research and product development which will keep Mastercard at the heart of payments, supporting our multi-rail strategy with the best of what blockchain has to offer.
We are looking for a product development Director to join the team. The candidate will use the capabilities of blockchain and digital asset technology to support innovative new products. He or she will use their payment and crypto-currency expertise in refining new product opportunities to fit the needs of Mastercard’s customers and partners. Internally, the jobholder will work with a cross-functional team comprising of Product & Engineering, Franchise, Compliance, Regulation, and regional teams to develop the product solution and deliver the end-to-end product life cycle. He or she will also be a “go-to” person for education, thought leadership, and technical product knowledge.
- Support the ideation, definition, design, and development of innovative blockchain and digital asset solutions that have strategic fit and value to Mastercard’s customers and partners
Own and deliver key business artefacts such as business requirements, use case diagrams and customer journeys
- Drive innovation all the way from prototyping, piloting, and market validation
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver on product and technology roadmap
- Establish shared vision across the company by influencing and building consensus among the various stakeholders
- Evaluate the business value of solution concepts for Mastercard and its customers
- Monitor crypto-currency ecosystem trends, technological developments, threats, and risk management strategies, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Stay informed of the overall market landscape, including competitors and potential partners
All about you
- Experience in bringing new technology based products to market and developing key business deliverables
- Good understanding of payment ecosystem with current role of Mastercard
- Strong interest and knowledge of blockchain and crypto-currency ecosystems
- Good commercial insight, with experience of building a value proposition for all participants in a payments ecosystem, including Mastercard, our customers and partners.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to simplify and describe complex concepts and technologies to an audience of varied knowledge. This includes experience and comfort in working in cross-functional teams.
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to learn quickly, adapt to a changing market landscape, and challenge the status quo.
- Sound judgement, based on good analytical skills and the ability to digest complex problems
- Highly organized with strong liking for detail
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.