Fundación Valenciaport is a non-profit private organization, with 60 employees, located in Valencia (Spain). It is an Applied Research, Innovation, Training, and International Cooperation center dedic
Fundación Valenciaport is a non-profit private organization, with 60 employees, located in Valencia (Spain). It is an Applied Research, Innovation, Training, and International Cooperation center dedicated to the design, implementation and execution of R&D&I and consultancy projects specialized in logistics, transport and ports, aimed at improving the competitiveness of companies and institutions in the port logistics sector.
We are looking for a Computer Science / Telecommunications Engineer or equivalent, to join a multi-skilled team specialized in R&D, innovation, and consultancy projects in the field of Digital Transformation in transport, logistics and ports. More precisely, in the following activities:
- Development of reports, proof of concepts, prototypes and pilots in research and innovation projects from different EC programmes (H2020, Horizon Europe, CEF, etc.).
- Research and development activities using new ICT trends for transport, logistics and ports mainly in Internet of Things, Data Science and Cloud Computing projects. Other technologies in which we are working are: Cyber-security, Blockchain and 5G.
- Improvement of efficiency in Port-Logistics processes through digital technologies and ICT.
- Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications or equivalent. PhD will be recognized.
- Proven experience in at least one of our core languages: Python and TypeScript.
- Experience in data engineering on AI/ML projects (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, ScikitLearn).
- Experience in RESTful API and JSON development.
- Experience with Git and DevOps: Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in EU funded projects (H2020, Horizon Europe, etc.)
- Fluent in English (excellent speaking and writing skills).
- Proactive, flexible, team oriented, good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Availability to travel.
Will be recognized:
- Knowledge in SQL and non-SQL databases (Mongo, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Systems’ integration, backend services on the technologies being applied in R&D projects
- Experience in Hyperledger Fabric and other tools such as Jenkins and Jupyter Notebook etc.
- Full time employment contract.
- Salary based on qualifications, skills, specialisms and experience of the candidate.
- Flexibility depending on coordination and projects. Teleworking possibilities.
- Friendly team & collaborative environment. Innovative projects.
- Additional benefits after the first year may include private medical insurance (half covered) and bonuses.
- Sponsored training according projects and own interests.