Digital Engineering Data and A.I. Specialist
Summary We are looking to recruit a Digital Engineering - Data Analytics and A.I. Specialist, who will be based in one of our Head Office in St Helens, Merseyside (UK), Visé (Belgium) or Skofja Lo
We are looking to recruit a Digital Engineering – Data Analytics and A.I. Specialist, who will be based in one of our Head Office in St Helens, Merseyside (UK), Visé (Belgium) or Skofja Loka (Slovenia). Other locations can also be considered.
You will be reporting to the Digital Engineering Director and will be working with the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
You will be involved in and take responsibility for digital engineering projects, building data analysis, data models, ‘Extract, Transform, and Load’ (ETL) processes and machine learning models, based on best practices developed by the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, and using a variety of tools.
You will participate in sharing projects globally across the Knauf Insulation organization, with the occasional opportunity to work on projects across the Knauf group.
For this role, domestic and international travel to support and implement projects (around 30% of the working time) is required.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Plans Digital and Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science projects. Coordinates project cooperation with internal partners and the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
- Run trials, demos, training and implementation tasks of Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science projects on plant systems.
- Develop algorithms, predictive models, and dashboards that leverage data from data systems, in order to solve complex manufacturing and business problems to operationalize outcomes of analytics.
- Collaborate with the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and develops proof-of-concept for proposed solutions.
- Collaborates with other Digital Engineers in rolling-out successful solutions to plants.
- Constantly improves their knowledge of the business and advanced analytics field in general.
- Communicate with all stakeholders of the projects (including clients) and provide relevant training.
- Create detailed documentation of the programming effort and participate in project reviews with various management teams.
- While performing their duties, they adhere to all performance policies relating to the requirements concerning occupational health and safety, fire safety and environment protection, quality, energy management and consistent use of personal protection equipment.
- Provision of training on PI System to users in the plants.
- Creating analysis and reports from the plant information system (OSI PI and SQL DB).
- Supporting the plants in case of operational problems with the PI system.
- Support Plant OSI PI champions with dynamic interactive reporting.
- Coordinate activities with the IT department, and the interaction with the SAP/MES systems.
- Can think out of the box with regard to new solutions and new technologies that can potentially benefit the business (savings, efficiencies, waste reduction, energy consumption reduction, etc.)
Knowledge, Experience & Attributes
- 10+ years programming experience
- 5+ years Data analytics/Data science experience (any environment)
- Ideally, the right candidate will have AI, ML experience (any environment)
- Fluent in Python (complete with various libraries, such as Pandas, Numpy, Keras and TensorFlow).
- Intermediate experience of statistics.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of Computer Vision systems.
- Good understanding of Conda package manager and Conda environments.
- Basic bash scripting capabilities.
- Understanding basic concepts of source control (Git).
- Understanding basic concepts of software development.
- Understand the process of realizing a problem, designing hypothetical solutions, developing proof of concepts, and launching project initiatives.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (any other European language is an asset)
- Blockchain knowledge and experience are an advantage (any environment)
- Augmented and Mixed Reality experience (development)
Salary & Benefits
- Bonus potential
- Holiday allowance
- Pension scheme
- Westfield Health Care
- Sick pay (after 3 months of service)
- Life assurance scheme
- Occupational Health & Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
Knauf Insulation is the UK’s leading provider of high performance, sustainable Glass and Rock Mineral Wool insulation solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the insulation industry, it is one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide.
As part of the Knauf Group, a €10bn turnover multi-national family-owned manufacturer of building materials and construction systems, Knauf Insulation employs more than 5,500 employees and has 27 manufacturing sites in 15 countries, with a turnover of €2bn in 2019. In the UK, the company employs over 500 people at its manufacturing plants in Cwmbran, Queensferry and St Helens.
Knauf Insulation’s mission is to challenge conventional thinking and create innovative insulation solutions that shape the way we live and build in the future, with care for the people who make them, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Its vision is to lead the change in smarter insulation solutions for a better world. Its aspiration is to be the world’s most trusted insulation partner providing high performing and smart insulation solutions and services for a better world.