Introduction If you’re the kind of person who seeks out opportunities and takes charge of your own development, IBM is the place for you. We encourage you to follow your passion – by learning new
If you’re the kind of person who seeks out opportunities and takes charge of your own development, IBM is the place for you. We encourage you to follow your passion – by learning new skills, working across different disciplines, or moving into new challenges. Join us as we make the most of these exciting times and discover what you can do at IBM.
Imagine working for a company with the world’s most respected sales force and one of the world’s most historical brands. At IBM, we are working with businesses from all over the globe to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, using Cloud, AI, DevOps, Analytics, Mobile, Blockchain, API integration, Cloud infrastructure and more. We’re looking for talented & energetic sales professionals to join us in our Digital Sales Center in Dublin.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In your role as a Digital Development Representative, your primary focus will be around on generating opportunities, closing your own deals where possible and developing strong Channel relationships. You will be responsible for delivering account insights and building high quality pipeline through both your own research & inbound responses generated from marketing activity. You will act as a subject matter and a trusted advisor for clients to cultivate customer relationships for more complex sales solutions. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Validating Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) primarily originating from digital inbound and marketing campaigns and generating Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) for “selling pods” and channel partners
- Executing outbound business development activities for specific offerings with an emphasis on cross-selling and upselling to IBM clients
- Putting your client first, being prepared to tackle challenges, solve problems, and work with your cross-functional team of subject matter experts to get things done
- Canvassing and developing target accounts (including new customers, commercial (SME) and enterprise)
- Providing insight into target accounts, structure and priorities so that our sales teams can point their efforts most effectively.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in lead generation/business development
- Technical knowledge in Data & AI
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with a strong focus on client satisfaction
- The ability to have a business conversations across all levels
- Proven ability to leverage resources throughout the business to solve complex problems
- Skilled in customer account management (and use of CRM tools like Atlas).
- Results-driven, collaborative team player attitude
- Native/fluent German and fluent English language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Passion for technology and the ability to understand the B2B tech market
- Digital savvy representative that can become the new IBM Data & AI Ambassador
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.