Who We Are Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in b
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
Practice Area Profile
BCG’s Technology Advantage (TA) practice focuses on helping clients deliver competitive advantage and business superior performance through the use of data, technology and digital. TA is the fastest growing practice at BCG and at the heart of the strategic impact we have with our clients. Our consultants and experts globally work across all industries and provide deep experience and expertise across a number of topics including: * Digital Transformation * Data & Digital Platforms * Software & Agile * Digitizing the Tech Function
What You’ll Do
Are you passionate about topics around Digital Transformation & Strategy, Big Data & Analytics, Software & Agile, Transformation of the Technology Function and Technology Capability Build? Then BCG’s Technology Advantage Practice (TA) is for you!
We are looking for new team members to join our Zurich or Geneva office and support our clients across a variety of industries gain competitive advantage through data, technology, and digital. We operate at the intersection between business and technology, and help our clients think strategically about how technology will change the shape of their business.
For more information on TA and BCG, please visit:
What you´ll do
As a Consultant, you will be given end-to-end responsibility within a BCG project, and begin to develop specialized knowledge to help you solve our clients’ problems. You’ll work closely with clients to understand their issues, create strategies for change, win buy-in for your recommendations, and collaborate with fellow BCGers to transform client potential into performance.
A broad skillset and passion for technology is important. As part of our Technology Advantage consulting team, you would work on a variety of technology topics, applying generalist consulting skills to strategic technology questions. You will be supported by an extensive training curriculum (the same programme as all BCG consultants), plus technology-specific training and mentoring to help you build your skills.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
Your´re good at
- Analytical and structured
- Able to work creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment
- Good business sense
- Independent and autonomous judgment
- Have a strong consulting skillset: hypothesis-led problem solving, framing and communicating complex ideas, thinking strategically
- Have a track record for thinking innovatively
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Team player, open, pleasure to work with and positive in a group dynamic
- Able to build empathy within the firm and win the trust of the clients
- Intercultural competence and experience of working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- Willing to travel and to work on client sites
- Excellent communication skills
You bring (experience & qualifications)
We’re looking for exceptional talent from consulting or industry to join us. You would typically:
- Have up to 6 years of experience working:
- with a leading consulting firm (focused on technology/digital initiatives);
- in a client-facing IT role in a large corporate (e.g. business analyst);
- in a tech start-up leadership role; or
- in a “consulting-like” industry (e.g. digital strategy)
- Have an outstanding academic track record
- Have an advanced degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics – graduate of a renowned university would be a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages would be of added benefit
The role is in Switzerland and is only available in our offices in Zurich and Geneva. However, our client work is global and international travel should be expected.