About Kraken Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution! Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and incl
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
This role is fully remote.
About the role:
You’ll become a member of a 5 FTE DevSecOps team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a “T-shaped” individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
Note: While this role is remote, we are only considering candidates in a +/- 5 range of GMT.
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material
- Be a competent Linux user
- Know how to build, run and deploy secure Docker containers
- Be aware of how containers and microservices are configured, and can be secured and orchestrated, in particular using Kubernetes
- Use open source tooling to programmatically test and verify the safety and integrity of bespoke software
- Analyze data sets and produce reports using basic tools (e.g. SQL, POSIX stream processing tools, spreadsheets, ODBC, Python)
- Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication
- Understand the implementation of secure messaging systems in the context of privacy awareness, including GPG and encrypted instant messaging
- Have a good basic comprehension of computer networks, the Internet, and supporting systems such as web servers and proxies
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
- Write good quality technical documentation
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security
- Have a “finger on the pulse” of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization
- A degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant experience alongside a good level of general education
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level
- Optional: advanced security accreditation such as CISSP, OSCP, CASP, Security+
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent