Setup and maintain blockchain nodes. Good understanding of blockchain technologies. Setup, maintain and manage environments and servers....
Validity Labs is an innovative software development studio building solutions using state of the art technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving new economy working on new fundamentals by using disruptive technology such as blockchain requires new ways to work with the ever growing data-sets. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
We are looking for a full time DevOps Engineer to join our team upon arrangement. Although our office is located in Zurich, Switzerland, the place of work is independent.
- Design, build and operate our platform and ensure that everything we develop is scalable, testable, maintainable, highly available and secure
- Setup, maintain and manage environments and servers
- Setup and maintain blockchain nodes
- You are actively involved in the development of our applications and also take charge of implementing features and solving bugs
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- Experience in management of Unix systems (Debian, Ubuntu)
- Experience with infrastructure automation using Terraform, Ansible, or other comparable tools
- Experience with containerization using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or other comparable tools
- Experience with build management / continuous integration tools
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with web technologies (NodeJS, Typescript, ReactJS)
- Experience in managing RDBMS and NoSQL systems
- Experience with cloud services, for example: GCP, AWS, Cloudflare
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, firewalls, DNS and DHCP
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners & clients
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English, but we also consider candidates that speak either native or fluent English and are happy to learn German
Candidates ideally covers as much as possible from the following tech stack:
- Gitlab + Gitlab CI
- Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with crypto-currencies, wallets, ICOs would be an advantage
- Experience with customer-facing support as well as support tools (e.g. Zendesk)
- Flexible work schedules with home office possibilities
- Modern infrastructure, including Bring your own device (BYOD) option
- Further training & education, like code academies, conferences or certifications
- Actively support the development of innovative products and data services
- Close collaboration with other teams
- Being at the forefront of new technologies, integration into our legal system, arranging the building bricks for a future decentralization legal framework
Our Mission: We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology. Are you ready to become a part of our Blockchain family and leave a footprint in this growing space? Then we are looking forward to your application! Only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter will be considered.