This is an exciting time to join the team, to gain deep insight into blockchain and DLT systems, and to shape the future of how R3 tests Corda!...
The DevOps Engineer in Test will work closely with QA Analysts and Software Engineers within the Production QA team to support all testing activities for the Corda platform. This will include the creation and support of test environments, management of test infrastructure, non-functional testing, and contribution to the continuous integration and delivery pipeline. They will assist in testing infrastructure configurations performing characterisation and recommendations to the rest of the organisation. This is an exciting time to join the team, to gain deep insight into blockchain and DLT systems, and to shape the future of how R3 tests Corda!
Joining the Infrastructure team within Production QA provides a unique opportunity to become a “true DevOps”, wearing the 3 hats of QA Engineer, Software Engineer and System Operator all at the same time.
- Tactically execute planning and monitor progress of activities to the Infrastructure Lead and Head of QA
- Own, manage and maintain infrastructure as code for the creation and characterisation of Corda networks
- Develop innovative solutions to the automated deployment of Corda and all related technologies
- Lead the prototyping and experimentation to validate novel system architectures
- Bring your wealth of technical experience to coach other team members with all their infrastructure requirements
- Partner with internal and external teams in testing, deploying and operating highly scalable Corda networks
- Undertake complex system performance analysis from the ground up to determine operational limits of the system
- 8+ years within an enterprise software engineering organisation with 4+ years in a DevOps role
- Deep appreciation of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, and specifically testing
- Subject matter expertise in infrastructure as code including Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer etc
- Highly proficient across a variety of programming and scripting languages, e.g. Java, Python, Shell
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems, general networking, cloud infrastructure, system monitoring, and operating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Proven track record of delivering automation for highly complex software systems
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfortable and able to work under pressure
At R3, we prioritise encouraging a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program