At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloi
Deloitte is an equal opportunities employer.
Deloitte has hugely exciting career opportunities for a Analysts within our large Technology Consulting practice. The successful candidate will join Deloitte as a key member of the Cloud & Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people and deliver innovation through leading edge technologies.
Communicating with & supporting development & test teams in maintaining all of our clients environments
Investigating issues that arise in these test environments, covering a variety of technologies (Docker, Tomcat, Weblogic)
Working with our clients incident management tools (SPIRA) & procedures
Working with our clients CMDB / Service Desk tool
- Relevant experience as an analyst and high level of experience in tech
- Learning ability, including integrating information and the ability to judge and to evaluate.
- The capacity to connect, including working together or teamwork, presentations skills, networking skills and empathy.
- The capacity to structure, including planning, organising and simplifying information.
- Technical solution design skills to allow the analyst to determine the optimum solution using the correct blend of technologies to meet a set of defined requirements.
- Knowledge/experience of delivery methodologies, application development lifecycle and delivery models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid Methodologies.
- Experience working with multi-tiered environments including a mix of legacy technologies and newer technology stacks (e.g. Docker).
- Management of issue tracking across multiple test environments.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required.
- Experience mentoring others in new technologies and systems.
- Experience being able to tailor and summarise issues to different audiences who will have very varied levels of technical expertise.
- Appropriate prioritisation of issues across all test environments by working with other teams – including Test Support, testing and development – to understand the impact of open incidents.
- Ability to identify root causes of reoccurring environmental issues and working with the appropriate teams to implement preventive measures to reduce them.
- Strong understanding of UNIX concepts:
- memory and CPU diagnostics and usage
- file system set ups, file manipulations
- Understanding of core system concepts: Software services, proxying.
- Experience working with Docker:
- Understanding of core Docker swarm concepts- containers, services
- Checking containers (shell execution, destruction/creation, capacity usage)
- Cluster creation
- Experience with Network concepts:
- Basic tooling: ping / ssh / nc / telnet required
- Advanced diagnostic tools such as tcpdump encouraged
- Knowledge of network concepts such as vLANs and Software Defined Networks (SDN) encouraged
- Training opportunities (access to premium online training platforms, in-house training, internal & external technical training, certification/exam support)
- Professional subscription: the firm will cover the cost of annual subscription to one approved professional body
- Tech events: attending external and Deloitte Technology’s internal Tech seminars with SMEs in the practice as well as external speakers (topics in the past have included Azure, AWS, Big Data, Blockchain, DevOps, MuleSoft, Robotics)
- Deloitte Unplugged programme: initiatives which focus on employee wellness and wellbeing
- Corporate deals: discounts are available from a variety of organisations
- Tax efficient travel pass: save up to 51% on travel costs if you take part in our Taxsaver Commuter Ticket scheme
- Cycle to work scheme: Deloitte will facilitate the purchase of a bicycle and/or accessories up to a maximum of €1,000 through the cycle to work scheme. The scheme is tax efficient meaning savings of up to 51% on your purchase.
- Hybrid working model.
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme options available
- Life assurance
- Health insurance discounts
- Social events
- Flu vaccination
- Eye test
- Ability to provide advisory and solutions implementation delivery to maximise IT ROI
- Experience in multiple formal SDLC methodologies including Agile
- Demonstrated ability to design large scale application and lead development team
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, business resources, all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter, independent and able to work under pressure to meet assignment deadline