Introduction Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains t
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of experience using Container technologies and orchestration using Openshift Kubernetes or Docker swarm.
- Experience of developing, deploying, scaling, and securing Kubernetes deployments using Helm .
- Demonstrate previous experience of working within high performing DevOps culture.
- 4+ years deploying Hybrid or cloud native applications on Cloud PaaS leveraging cloud-based services.
- 4+ years of experience in building automated DevOps pipelines, for CI/CD, Continuous Test, Infrastructure-as-Code and configuration management.
- Excellent grasp of source code management using Git or Bitbucket, managing code repositories, branches, tags and releases.
- Good understanding of common branching strategies and best practice.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to Ops focus of DevOps role supporting large scale clients in complex and rapidly changing Production landscape.
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills to effectively respond to issues and help drive resolutions quickly.
- Good understanding of Linux operation system, Ubuntu, CentOS, CoreOS, RedHat etc.
- Working knowledge of object storage and relational/NoSQL data stores such as Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience of Cloud Observability practices using tools such as SysDig, Prometheus, and APM solutions such as NewRelic, AWS Cloudwatch etc.
- Experience using infrastructure as code using Terraform, Schematics or CloudFormation.
- Experience with configuration management tooling such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with microservices meshes such as Istio for service control plain and security.
- Experience in securing cloud native apps.
- Experience using SSL, TLS, X509 and Key Management.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.