Marco Polo is the world’s leading provider of technology for global trade and supply chains. We enable our customers, partners, and stakeholders to transact and exchange data smarter, faster, safer, a
Marco Polo is the world’s leading provider of technology for global trade and supply chains. We enable our customers, partners, and stakeholders to transact and exchange data smarter, faster, safer, and with more transparency. Our exceptional team of visionaries, trailblazers and builders empowers our ecosystem to digitally connect, conduct, and finance trade and supply chains in entirely new and transformative ways.
The Marco Polo Network is a blockchain-based network for conducting and financing global trade. It is now the largest and fastest growing blockchain-based trade and working capital finance network in the world. Marco Polo Network has operations in Ireland, UK, Singapore, and the US.
The DevOps group is responsible for making the Marco Polo Network’s scale effectively, and helps engineering teams release the constant flow of changes worldwide. Our scope extends beyond application deployments into the realm of network management. We work on tools, processes, and code to accelerate Marco Polo Network’s engineering capacity as we scale.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in and interest in building network management + CICD systems and while also building developer tools, dashboards and data pipelines. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in cloud and development, a passion for solving difficult problems, and a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
- Design, build, and maintain a platform used by all of Marco Polo Network’s engineering teams, with an emphasis on safety and security
- Build tools and infrastructure for developers which offer a great user experience
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of Marco Polo Network’s infrastructure
- Identify the shared tooling needs of engineers across Marco Polo Network, understand their specific requirements, and prioritize solutions
- Responsible for continuously improving everything we do; recommend, obtain agreement for and implement better faster more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Effectively execute any special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned
On any given day you might:
- Build on top of a platform that manages many shapes of change — think service deployments, network topology modifications, database migrations, and more — in a safe and cohesive fashion.
- Improve the mechanism for automated deployments such that a merge to master automatically rolls out to production without human monitoring or intervention
- Continue pushing series of improvements to our UI platform used by teams across engineering to build out their own infrastructure UIs.
- Build out pre-production environments that automate end-to-end tests for critical workflows to catch problems before they make it to production
You will bring:
- A programming background and an interest in writing tools for engineers. Past that, it’s not expected that you’ll have deep expertise in any dimension below, but you should be interested in learning about any of the areas that are less familiar to you.
- [Nice to have] Experience developing, maintaining and debugging distributed systems
- [Nice to have] Experience building infrastructure as a product centered around users’ needs
- [Nice to have] Experience optimizing the reliability and security of distributed systems
- [Nice to have] Experience with scaling and migrating systems in a changing environment that allows for little to no downtime
What you can expect:
- Life in a fast-moving start-up environment and all that entails.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-lifestyle benefits (tailor your options to what is important to you; i.e. Health care, fitness, travel, continuous professional development etc)
- Pension Scheme
- MacBook or Dell? You choose the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently
- Keep active with numerous fitness team events and challenges organised throughout the year
- Growing your family? We know how important those first few months are for both parents and we are offering paid leave for both mums and dads so you can enjoy the new arrival!
- All the tools and supports needed to do an excellent job
- Ability to make a difference
- A dynamic workplace with a great balance of hard work and fun
- A culture of innovation and a structure in which to innovate
- A nurturing team-oriented environment with mentorship as a key feature of the dynamic