DevOps & AMS Practice Manager
We are an international IT company that creates technological solutions for large customers in the financial, insurance and industry sectors. Apart from that, we are a crew of people who really enjoy their work (and working together), even if it is challenging and often hard!
What makes us different?
- 60% of the delivery team are specialists in senior positions and above – you work with experts and have experienced people to learn from;
- A variety of over 80 projects for almost 30 global clients (including the biggest banks in the world);
- We are true Cloud specialists: 25% of our engineers are Cloud-certified and half of our projects use Cloud solutions.
We take care of talent development:
- Our internal technology incubators support you in discovering new lands (Cloud, AI, Virtual Banking, Big Data, Blockchain, Industry 4.1);
- Leadership programmes, soft skills trainings – nearly 300 employees trained in Q1 2020;
- Conferences, language classes (yes, we know, it’s a standard;) ).
At GFT we care about people and their development which is why we group our employees, based on their area of expertise and their project roles, in Job Families. The main responsibility of each of the Job Families is to take care of our employees and their development to meet strategic company goals.
What is DevOps & AMS Job Family?
DevOps & AMS Job Family is a group of specialists in the field of IT process automation and building infrastructure in 3 types of cloud. In the Family we can find ambassadors of containers, scaling the infrastructure and cloud security. The members of the DevOps & AMS Job Family enjoy spending time together outside working hours – having a good barbecue or doing other activities and talking about various topics, not just work.
Picture yourself at GFT Poland:
We’re looking for a People Manager, who will lead the DevOps & AMS Job Family. We need a Leader, who puts people first and who makes them the highest priority.
As the Leader of the Job Family, you will be responsible for supporting the development of our employees on all stages of their career path at GFT, for building the data competencies and skillset and aligning them with the GFT strategy. But the key part of your job will be building and maintaining good relations with the members of your Job Family.
What you will work on:
Your key responsibilities as the Leader of DevOps & AMS Family will be focused on:
- Building and leading the Job Family (with ca. 100 members onboard currently);
- Creating and implementing the development strategy for the DevOps & AMS Job Family;
- Managing the group of technical recruiters, managing the competencies matrix (with the support from your deputies), accepting candidates for the Job Family;
- Managing the structure of the Job Family;
- Building and maintaining the engagement, integration and internal communication within the Family;
- Managing the development of Family members;
- Managing the promotion process within the DevOps & AMS Job Family;
- Close cooperation with the Leaders of other Job Families in the areas of planning, supporting and conducting initiatives destined to strengthen and grow GFT;
- Close cooperation with other departments and functions such as: Delivery Managers, HR, Talent Acquisition, Sales, CTO, etc.
Who you are:
You are a Leader of technical initiatives and teams, you are focused on effective communication and cooperation. You have technical background, which makes it easy for you to understand the needs of people working in IT. Your highest priority are always people, you enjoy working with others, inspiring and supporting them on every stage of their career.
Additionally, you are characterized by:
- Strong leaderships skills (min. 6 year in a managerial position);
- Focus on people and on supporting them in their career development;
- The urge to inspire, motivate and mentor people around you;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in working with senior management;
- Very good understanding of the needs and trends on the IT market in the field of DevOps;
- Good work organization;
- Readiness to work in any of our locations – Łódź, Warszawa, Poznań or Kraków;
- Readiness to travel between our offices in Poland (Łódź, Warszawa, Poznań, Kraków);
- Fluent English;
- Nice to have: vast experience in commercial projects in the area of DevOps or AMS.
What we offer:
- Working in a highly experienced and dedicated team;
- Competitive salary and extra benefit package that can be tailored to your personal needs (private medical coverage, sport & recreation package, lunch subsidy, life insurance, etc.);
- Permanent contract;
- On-line training and certifications fit for career path;
- Free on-line foreign languages lessons;
- Regular social events (as health of our employees is our priority all events are conducted online at the moment);
- Access to e-learning platform;
- Ergonomic and functional working space with 2 monitors (you can also borrow monitors and office chair for your home office);
- Relocation package.