We're looking for someone to be a Senior Back-end Engineer at Kiln. In this role, you’ll be responsible for: 1) Building the product: You'll be working closely with the Product and Infrastructure te
We’re looking for someone to be a Senior Back-end Engineer at Kiln. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
1) Building the product: You’ll be working closely with the Product and Infrastructure teams to plan, architect, and implement our core product. You’ll take part in the construction of the roadmap, with the rest of the team. In this role, it includes:
- Development of data aggregators for blockchains
- Development of new Golang micro-services within the Kiln stack
- Taking part to automation & deployment processes
- Framework development
2) Owning what you build: As you architect, test, and refine the Kiln platform, you will ensure that our services communicate with each other seamlessly, have minimal downtime, and recover quickly (daytime, no on-calls)
3) Helping grow the Team: Everyone on the early team plays an important role in attracting, closing, and growing other talented team members. You can also mentor or brainstorm with other backend developers.
Don’t censor yourself: get in touch even if you’re not matching 100% of these points.
Skills & background
- Strong judgment with the ability to ship opinionated architectural choices and code, and to share software best practices
- Strong communication skills both in French & English to facilitate design scalable architectures with SREs
- Strong technical skills with Golang (over 2 years of experience)
- Over 5 years of experience designing, building, and deploying user-facing, infrastructure related, and/or API-based products
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and with Continuous Integration is a plus
- Familiarity with Hashicorp Vault is a plus
- Curiosity and ability to dig into a topic and follow through
- Team spirit: discuss, do not try to impose
- Be pragmatic to not over-engineer unnecessarily: startups need to quickly adapt
- Own what is coded and shipped to production
- Trust & clear communication
- Real interest about the blockchain and cryptocurrency space
- Communication between services is done using HTTP Rest and most of our databases are backed by PostgreSQL
- Everything runs in EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service) on AWS
Who are we?
Kiln is the leading enterprise-grade staking platform, enabling institutional customers to stake assets, and to whitelabel staking functionality into their offering. Our platform is API-first and enables fully automated validator, rewards, data and commission management.
Kiln serving thousands of businesses worldwide so that everyone can securely and seamlessly stake their coins and secure decentralised protocols from our dashboard, a hardware wallet, a browser wallet, a B2B custodian, a crypto exchange or just their favorite investment app.
The team is made of ecosystem enthusiasts formerly at Google, Circle, Ledger, Chainalysis, Polygon and other leading technology and cryptocurrency companies.
Join Kiln and help us make the web more secure, stable, decentralised and fair.
What we offer
- A fast-paced, no bureaucracy work environment
- Equity Share Options in the business: if Kiln succeeds, we all succeed!
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible/remote working
- Significant personal development and wellness budget
Can’t wait to know more? Here is our recruitment process:
- Recruiter Phone screen (35 min) with Myriam
- Product & Cultural fit (45min) with Thomas (co-founder and COO)
- Technical interview (1h30 min): focused on coding, code review, algorithms
- Architecture interview (45min)
- Meeting with co-founders (30 min): Ernest & Laszlo (co-founders and CPO, CEO)
Type d’emploi : Temps plein, CDI
Statut : Cadre
Salaire : 75 000,00€ à 95 000,00€ par an
- Horaires flexibles
- Participation au Transport
- Travail à domicile
- Du Lundi au Vendredi
- Horaires aménageables
- Périodes de travail de 8 heures
- Repos le week-end
- Travail en journée
- Golang: 1 an (Exigé)
- Développement backend: 4 ans (Exigé)
- Anglais (Exigé)
- Français (Exigé)