It enables the secure processing of thousands of transactions in real-time supporting complex full-fledged decentralized applications....
Perun is a framework of cryptographic 2nd-layer blockchain protocols that addresses the inherent scalability challenges of current blockchain systems. It enables the secure processing of thousands of transactions in real-time supporting complex full-fledged decentralized applications. The protocols are the result of several years of fundamental research conducted jointly by scientists from the Technische Universität Darmstadt and Warsaw University. See perun.network for more details.
Starting in July 2019, we are going to receive funding from the German government to build a development team to implement the Perun protocols. Within the first year, the research project is going to lead to the foundation of a company, of which you could become a founding member. The open-source project Perun thus offers a unique opportunity to advance the implementation of state of the art cryptographic research.
- Implement cutting-edge cryptographic blockchain technology
- Design of concurrent and complex network applications
- Write tests for your code
- Review code
- Contribute to applied research on blockchain technology
- Strong programming skills (Go, Java, C++, Rust or similar programming languages)
- Passion for complex software systems
- Experience in developing networking stacks
- Experience in designing concurrent applications
- Experience in collaborative open source projects is a plus
- Knowledge of cryptographic protocols and blockchain technology is a plus
- Experience in agile projects using scrum is a plus
- Be part of an exciting open-source project
- Good engineering practices (testing, CI, reviews, …) – we love maintainable code
- Employment by TU Darmstadt according to TV-H pay scale with the possibility to become a founding member of a blockchain startup
- Learn state-of-the-art technology from experienced blockchain researchers and developers
- Flat hierarchies & flexible hours
- Strong contacts to leading figures in the cryptocurrency space
- Lots of fun