We engage directly with our customers to design, build, deploy and advise them on their Corda journey to ensure long-term capabilities are sustained....
R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of 350 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance, and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
R3’s Professional Services team works to bring Corda specialist expertise to our customers to make their adoption successful. We engage directly with our customers to design, build, deploy and advise them on their Corda journey to ensure long-term capabilities are sustained. Through a mix of business consulting, technical solutions, and implementation, we help customers achieve their goals in the most effective way for their business.
Our customer-centric and innovative approach to providing services and solutions in the industry allows us to strategically assess our customer’s needs and ensure they are set up for success from the beginning of their journey. In addition to working directly with our customers, we strive to ensure that we are collaborating internally with our Sales, Engineering, and Product organisations to provide better tooling, services, and products based on our customer’s evolving needs.
We are looking for a talented Senior Solutions Engineer focussed on Operations to establish best practices around containerisation and Cloud infrastructure and to apply those in challenging customer projects.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team. Your mission is to help our customers implement and operate complex deployments of R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your extensive expertise in Cloud infrastructure and operations to help our customers operate Corda reliably on-premises and in the Cloud.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer who is focused on Operations, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, and build of infrastructure to run customer solutions. You will be the go-to expert for Cloud technologies, such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud, within the team. You will advise R3’s customers directly and act as a point of contact for your colleagues that are facing hard deployment challenges in their customer work.
You will be focussing on creating highly scalable architectures for distributed systems, therefore, you have a strong understanding of infrastructure as code, with commercial experience in building out orchestration and infrastructure using tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
As we expand our containerisation story using Docker and Kubernetes, you will ensure best practices are implemented at scale by providing reference implementations to the wider team. You will take responsibility for these reusable artifacts by documenting them accordingly and advocating for their use.
Due to the client-facing role nature of this role, it’s will be suited to someone who has a previous consultancy or a professional services background, please expect to travel as customers are based in Europe.
- Lead deployment workshops with R3 customers to understand their bespoke infrastructure requirements and provide guidance on best practices on how to leverage automation, containerisation, and orchestration technology to build robust infrastructure that is “ready for prime time”.
- Work hands-on in diverse customer environments (Cloud and on-Premises), following customer-mandated processes.
- Understand customer requirements and provide guidance on which deployment strategy satisfies those best.
- Define best practices for all future Professional Service deployment activities. Be the expert in this field, constantly advocating for adherence to these practices.
- Create reference implementation of automated Cloud Infrastructure and software deployments that are meticulously engineered so your colleagues in the field can rely on them.
- Provide recommendations on site reliability, specifically around monitoring and alerting.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, understanding scalability and disaster recovery.
- Provide feedback to engineering teams on how to improve our product based to ensure optimal deployability.
- Required: Demonstrated commercial experience with medium to large scale Kubernetes deployments
Required: Experience with taking an infrastructure deployment from inception to production
Required: Strong Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud)
Required: Experience with scripting languages as well as a polyglot attitude that welcomes picking up new languages if necessary (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Desired: Experience with concerns of site reliability (e.g., experience with metrics/monitoring/alerting)
- Desired: Experience with decentralised systems such as Blockchain
- A positive and collaborative attitude with a desire to teach: You can work with juniors and seniors alike and find a way to arrive at the best possible technological solution together.
- A focus on quality and reusability: Things you build serve as an inspiration for others. The way you work allows your colleagues to quickly get up to speed with your work
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and onboarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations globally, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real-life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you set up to work productively at home
Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters, and Virtual Work)
We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join